Dish customer looking into Direct, with questions

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I’ve been with Dish for over 15 years and I’ve stayed with them mainly because I love their equipment. I record a lot of tv and the hopper has been awesome for that. But Dish seems to have a lot of disputes with carriers and it’s starting to get old. We lost HBO months ago and I had to end up subscribing to HBONOW (cost me $5 more a month than I was paying with Dish). I’ve temporarily lost locals for a short periods of time but I have an antenna so I had a work around. Now I’m hearing they could be losing FX if something isn’t worked out?? So for the first time in over 15 years I’m looking into other options. My biggest question about Direct is their equipment. How many channels can I record at the same time (while watching live tv at the same time)? Does Direct have these same carriage issues as Dish has? I wouldn’t mind being one of those guys that could cut the cord and use online services. But I live through my DVR and I’m not sure I would want to lose that. There are times during the peak tv season that I may record 5 or 6 shows at the same time. Yeah I know that’s way too much and I could actually get stuff done around the house if I turn off the tv. But that’s not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I’m former dish Network consumer unhappy that lost hbo and Cinemax what I thought that negotiates it’s failed I been waiting and waiting bring back hbo and Cinemax I decide I never go back dish Network never again it my two
Time I gave them chance but they failed I’m happy with directv good enough for me now and now I have hbo and Cinemax happy:) and the dvr had recorded up to 5 show at times and lot good programs there pretty much there

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Direct has the same sort of retransmission contract disputes that Dish has, just different channels at different times. They just recently settled with Nexstar to bring back 171 stations that have been dark since July 4th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts