Dish Customer Service - How to Contact?

Driftwood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Atlanta
I understand that Dish has been hacked but I need some help from their Customer Service. I've unsuccessfully tried multiple times and days to call the Dish phone number 800-333-3474 but always get a message to call at a later time. After sitting on hold for waaaay too long, I've given up each time. The Web chat doesn't work. I also unsuccessfully tried as suggested on this great site to use Facebook messenger. After messaging via Facebook for over an hour, they stated their required systems to help were down and to call their phone number. GRRRR!!!! Any ideas how to get help or if they cannot how to cancel service?

• Sad
Reactions: BarnRat
The only way you’re going to be able to cancel service is to wait on the line. Then ask for retention and wait some more. Then cross your fingers that whoever answers has the knowledge and or ability to cancel your service. It probably took me a month to finally get my service canceled and they still haven’t sent me the boxes to return their equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
A little more info., actually we were trying to place Dish on a hold like we're done the last 2 years. Since Dish dropped Bally that has a near lock on Atl. Braves baseball games, we've put Dish on hold and subscribed to Direct TV Stream for baseball season. We've been with Dish for many years and are relatively happy with them except they are expensive.

Like I stated above, as suggested here, I was on Facebook messenger for over an hour (while I as doing something else on my other screen), I provided my info. via secure link & was at the confirmation point when the rep. stated, sorry that system is down you will have to call the Customer Service number. GRRR!! I also tried calling the Sales number to establish new service a couple of times (answered immediately), told my challenge and asked to please speak to a supervisor. Unfortunately, I was transferred to the Customer Service line where it stated to call back later. Wow!!!! Unless someone here has any suggestions, I guess I'll just have to wait Dish out until they recover their systems and accordingly staff their Customer Service. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
A little more info., actually we were trying to place Dish on a hold like we're done the last 2 years. Since Dish dropped Bally that has a near lock on Atl. Braves baseball games, we've put Dish on hold and subscribed to Direct TV Stream for baseball season. We've been with Dish for many years and are relatively happy with them except they are expensive.

Like I stated above, as suggested here, I was on Facebook messenger for over an hour (while I as doing something else on my other screen), I provided my info. via secure link & was at the confirmation point when the rep. stated, sorry that system is down you will have to call the Customer Service number. GRRR!! I also tried calling the Sales number to establish new service a couple of times (answered immediately), told my challenge and asked to please speak to a supervisor. Unfortunately, I was transferred to the Customer Service line where it stated to call back later. Wow!!!! Unless someone here has any suggestions, I guess I'll just have to wait Dish out until they recover their systems and accordingly staff their Customer Service. :(
If you want to go on Pause, once you get through (we're getting better, I promise!!), they'll be able to backdate your Pause to the date you want, so you're not paying for additional services.