Dish customer support trying to switch customer to DirectTV??

jeffdillard

Original poster
Jan 9, 2020
Louisiana
SO I have this friend that said she called Dish to remove one of her Joeys from her account. She says the CSR tried to get her to switch to DirectTV. I asked her if she got the right number and she swears up and down it was Dish she called, they had all of her account info on hand, last PPV purchases, etc. Told her Dish was going under and she needed to switch.

The only caveat I have here is she said she Googled the number to dish....

She says this happened twice.... but it sounded like same guy.

Rogue CSR or fake number or....???

She probably Googled for a number to DISH and got a DISH retailer, maybe even Claude's company.
Yes was googling online just now and saw some sponsored adds for dish retailers. I was in car when she called so couldn't look it up then.

She said they had her account info and purchases though...

Either way I told her to go directly to the dish website and use the number from there.

Beware. I’ve been getting repeated scam calls from “Dish TV.” Had fun with one today. When he said he was from Dish TV, I said “Of course you are.” He hung up.

I’d be careful about saying phrases like “of course” on these scam calls. It’s kinda like saying “yes”, and these scammers can re-edit any positive phrase into agreeing to a purchase. If you haven’t heard of the “yes” callers, Google it. They often begin by asking “Can you hear me?”. But don’t think that scammers who do another scam wouldn’t try to do the re-editing any positive response similar to “yes”.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: HipKat and navychop
Perhaps it was just a former local provider of Dish. I receive Dish through my local phone company, Windstream. They used to offer a package deal with Dish but now only offer Direct TV. My payments still go through Windsteam but I no longer get the discount.

For grins I called the 888 version of the number and heard the exact greeting as on the 800 number. Same voice, same script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts