Dish customer thinking of switching and...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
have two questions.

1. Does the Directv dish point in the same general direction as Dish Network?
2. I own a home and don't want two dishes on the roof, will Directv remove the Dish Network one and install their own in the same spot?

Your help would be appreciated.

While I'm not an expert(there are alot a people that are here though) I believe E points to the south more than D. Now when I had D installed my installer removed my old E dish. I think personally it's all up to the installer, if anything throw him a 10$ tip and he probably will.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

have two questions.

1. Does the Directv dish point in the same general direction as Dish Network?
2. I own a home and don't want two dishes on the roof, will Directv remove the Dish Network one and install their own in the same spot?

Your help would be appreciated.
I depends on which arc your dish points to. If western arc they are close.

1. The main DirecTV satellite (101) is directly above the equator off the west coast of South America. If you are in the western US, your dish will point southeast, if you are in the eastern US the dish will point southwest, if you are in the middle it's straight south. Here's a neat little chart showing direction and elevations.

elevation_map_101.ashx

2. Yes they will take the Dish Network dish down, but they are required to leave the 'foot' bolted to the roof, because otherwise they would be on the hook for sealing the holes and any leaks that might occur from it. If you want the foot gone, you are more than welcome to do it yourself or hire a roofer to repair the holes. They will NOT reuse the Dish Network foot because the current DirecTV dishes use a bigger pole for stability and won't fit.

Directv points at 99/101/103 (and possibly 119 depending on package, locals and needs) but mainly 99/101/103
Dish points at 110/119/129 (western arc...the original) or 61.5/72.7/77 (Eastern Arc)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)