DISH Debuts Hands-Free TV on Hopper DVR with Amazon Alexa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am interested to see if the new $20 Dash Wand will work with the Hopper. They are basically free right now so I have one on the way.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using the SatelliteGuys app!
Hmmmm....as Sgt. Schultz used to say, "That's very interesting".

I have a Dot at the TV and it is hard for Alexa to hear me over the sound from the TV so you end up mostly yelling. I was considering bringing my Tap from the kitchen into the living room since you can hold it in your hand and whisper commands. But if THIS Dash Wand would work, it could be the perfect solution. I will order it now (being a Prime user and all)

Reactions: Brodieb
Amazon is buying Whole Foods. Maybe we can order groceries while watching a show and get them delivered in 30 minutes or less.

Reactions: satjay
It isn't, as long as the Dot can get a WiFi signal it will work. If you are within 10' of an electrical plug you can easily plug it in using a 6' extension cord and it will work.

Me thinks it's just an excuse to buy another gadget :)

Reactions: DWS44
It isn't, as long as the Dot can get a WiFi signal it will work. If you are within 10' of an electrical plug you can easily plug it in using a 6' extension cord and it will work.

Me thinks it's just an excuse to buy another gadget :)
Furniture and cats restrict placement. And yeah...I want another gadget.

Lets face it though, a remote beats the pants off of any voice control except in limited cases.

I can confirm that the Amazon Dash Wand will control a Dish Hopper! It is one of the few Alexa skills it can do.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using the SatelliteGuys app!
Super. I went and ordered mine as soon as I saw the post in this thread. A little too late, apparently, as it said it would take a few more days past the normal two for Prime purchases. Website says mine should arrive Tuesday. Finding out the next day that Amazon bought Whole Foods, I can see why they want to get this Dash Wand to as many people as possible.

I used the app for a couple of days, but found I got tired of talking to myself/Alexa. Or, and my Wife in other room would keep asking "What???" Great sounding idea that ended up being just so-so in reality.

I used the app for a couple of days, but found I got tired of talking to myself/Alexa. Or, and my Wife in other room would keep asking "What???" Great sounding idea that ended up being just so-so in reality.

I just can't get used to talking to the machines. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Let me know when I can order a beer.
It's coming.....

In what could be the highest, best use of voice recognition technology to a generation of digital natives, Amazon’s digital assistant has added beer runs to its skills.
Beginning Tuesday, Amazon Prime customers who have an Alexa-powered device, such as the Echo speaker, can order beer, wine and spirits in Seattle, and beer and wine in Columbus and Cincinnati. Amazon will deliver the alcohol within two hours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...l-runs-amazon-now-two-hour-delivery/99454496/

Super. I went and ordered mine as soon as I saw the post in this thread. A little too late, apparently, as it said it would take a few more days past the normal two for Prime purchases. Website says mine should arrive Tuesday. Finding out the next day that Amazon bought Whole Foods, I can see why they want to get this Dash Wand to as many people as possible.
Got the Dash Wand today, but apparently my old smartphone is not smart enough to DL the Amazon app. (and you can only set it up via an Android or iPhone. NO app available on my Fire Tablet! and no webpage setup either)

So I had to wait until my nephew got home to use his phone. Now that thing was snappy and I got it set up in no time. Went back to my Alexa app on my computer and scanned for new devices for Dish. Showed my new Dash and I clicked enable.

Now I just need to wait until nephew quits playing the PS-4 to see how well it works.:coco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts