Dish deliberately screwing my OTA recordings?

This is a "feature" that Dish implemented on the 942 months ago. If you subscribe to your SD locals, the program guide information for your local ATSC channels will show up in your EPG and your recordings will no longer get corrupted.

I have no problem with OTA recordings on my DVR. I record the local CBS almost every night for 1 or 2 hours with no problem playing back later or during the recording.

Well, not no problem. I thought the timer was supposed to slide on runovers. Or is that just the show, like sports that is scheduled to run , 5-7pm, for instance, but runs 5 - 7:43. Shous the recording of the show scheduled at 7pm slide, too? Or just the program that runs long? I lost Sunday nights shows because of this and CBS, for decades, has done this overrun on Sundays. They like the offset as people will tend to stay with them, rather than joing a show mid-stream.

Conjuror said:
How can you see OTA PBS in SD with 622? I think 622 will not receive analog OTA signal. <snip>...

He didn't say analog - he said SD and he's absolutly right. It's probably similar to Vt where PBS multicasts and puts the national HD feed on one channel and the local SD feed on another. A signal can be digital AND sd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)