Dish/DirecTV Some Differences

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Neither provider is perfect for all people. Each person has to decide on which channels they prefer to watch.

And the price of the packages offered. I switched from D* to E* because they have an advertised $40 package with most of the channels I want to watch. There are a few channels I miss, like Gospel Music and the NRB network that Dish doesn't carry, plus access to Animal Planet and a few others that are on a higher priced tier, but at least I have a choice to control my costs. With DirecTV, they only informed me of their unadvertised $40 package after I had signed on with Dish and was calling to disconnect.

These threads get old. People complaing about not getting more channels. Then they get new channels. Then the price goes up due to adding more programming. Then people complain about price increases.

I love the people that complain that there are too many channels with nothing to watch. These are the same people who would complain if they were given $100 because they wanted more.

Dish subscribers that complain about getting more channels and there is nothing to watch need to subscribe to Dish's America's Everything Package like me I always find something to watch.:)

You mean a fanboy like you......:cool:
What ever, dude. I think I have demonstrated that the OP is not a fanboy and the others jumped on him because they have nothing better to do

Usually when one lacks substance or anything coherent to add, the end result is childhood name calling. ;)

Would you care to add to the list or are you going to join in with the other two and resort to name calling?

These threads get old. People complaing about not getting more channels. Then they get new channels. Then the price goes up due to adding more programming. Then people complain about price increases.

I love the people that complain that there are too many channels with nothing to watch. These are the same people who would complain if they were given $100 because they wanted more.

best post of the thread IMO! :up

Nothing

What ever, dude. I think I have demonstrated that the OP is not a fanboy and the others jumped on him because they have nothing better to do

Usually when one lacks substance or anything coherent to add, the end result is childhood name calling. ;)

Would you care to add to the list or are you going to join in with the other two and resort to name calling?

This is just a big bunch of nothing. From the very 1st post in the thread it was screwed up. Too bad anyone is bothering to continue to say anything about it. Fanboys should just cool it and let it pass. I can't go as far as saying you are a fanboy dodger but you do show your leanings to D* most of the time. Of course you are a customer of them. Do you still have E*? :confused:

This is just a big bunch of nothing. From the very 1st post in the thread it was screwed up. Too bad anyone is bothering to continue to say anything about it. Fanboys should just cool it and let it pass. I can't go as far as saying you are a fanboy dodger but you do show your leanings to D* most of the time. Of course you are a customer of them. Do you still have E*? :confused:
I am a Direct sub so I know more about Direct than Dish. Most of my posts on the Dish side related to Direct are ones that clear up misconceptions or untruths. If that makes me sound like a fanboy, so be it. Clarity and truth is what I seek.

I have nothing against Dish and I am not a "fan" of Direct. I have criticized Direct many on many occasions and even started an entire thread showing how Dish beats Direct in price for most comparable setups.

I choose a provider that best suits my needs. FiOs is better than Direct, IMO. I just don't go with them because I cannot take FiOs with me.

My issue is not whether someone thinks I am a fanboy (they can think whatever they want), my issue is people whom have nothing to add but name calling.

The OP made a list that can benefit many, instead of calling him a fanboy or a troll, all the other posters had to do was correct his mistakes and add to his list.

Last edited:
Boy on shaky ground

I am a Direct sub so I know more about Direct than Dish. Most of my posts on the Dish side related to Direct are ones that clear up misconceptions or untruths. If that makes me sound like a fanboy, so be it. Clarity and truth is what I seek.

I have nothing against Dish and I am not a "fan" of Direct. I have criticized Direct many on many occasions and even started an entire thread showing how Dish beats Direct in price for most comparable setups.

I choose a provider that best suits my needs. FiOs is better than Direct, IMO. I just don't go with them because I cannot take FiOs with me.

My issue is not rather someone thinks I am a fanboy (they can think whatever they want), my issue is people whom have nothing to add but name calling.

The OP made a list that can benefit many, instead of calling him a fanboy or a troll, all the other posters had to do was correct his mistakes and add to his list.

Tell you the truth I do like the comments that you have had about D* equipment. Now here's the but your not being in any way connected to E* but D* does push you into an area that is close to trolling. See I didn't call you a troll just that you are coming over to the E* site all the time and are not an E* customer. Hope this doesn't PO you since I do like you setting thing start on the D* equipment. If I were you I wouldn't make comments about the E* equipment though, since you don't have any.

We are

Can't we all get along?:eek:

I'm just stating what it looks like if a D* only guy is coming over & posting in E* only forums. As I said have no problem w/ him coming over to correct misimpressions.:D If I really thought badly of him I would have called him a troll, I didn't and made sure I said that. I like him, he doesn't start S*** like the real fanboys or trolls.

I'm just stating what it looks like if a D* only guy is coming over & posting in E* only forums. As I said have no problem w/ him coming over to correct misimpressions.:D If I really thought badly of him I would have called him a troll, I didn't and made sure I said that. I like him, he doesn't start S*** like the real fanboys or trolls.
It's all good...

:up

Tell you the truth I do like the comments that you have had about D* equipment. Now here's the but your not being in any way connected to E* but D* does push you into an area that is close to trolling. See I didn't call you a troll just that you are coming over to the E* site all the time and are not an E* customer. Hope this doesn't PO you since I do like you setting thing start on the D* equipment. If I were you I wouldn't make comments about the E* equipment though, since you don't have any.
I don't recall doing so.

Yet you found the OP to be "useful".

Honestly, Directv has a great page that allows one to make an honest HD comparison, not some complete hack job as seen in the OP. DIRECTV: DIRECTV vs DISH: HD Comparison

My issue is not rather someone thinks I am a fanboy (they can think whatever they want), my issue is people whom have nothing to add but name calling.

Add to the list? I understand. You don't want a spade called a spade, just add on to the list. Regardless, both services offer a large amount of HD content. The OP neglected to show that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)