Dish Distant Nets

I think I know the answer to this. But I live in Washington DC and have significant signal issues with the 61.5 bird. I have no issues with 72 and 77. They only channels I need on 61.5 are my locals. All the other channels are also available on the other satellites. Do you think Dish would allow me to get locals from another market?
Possibly baltimore? I Live in maryland and receive baltimore and Washington DC locals

Possibly baltimore? I Live in maryland and receive baltimore and Washington DC locals
I'm just jealous that you both live that close to DC(includes in). I visited the first time last year, and have decided it is one of my favorite places to be. I love museums, and history, and being a retired soldier, I am drawn to Arlington. I finally got to say goodbye to a dear friend last year, after 8 years of carrying it with me. If I had to move within the Us, and didn't have to worry about job security, school, or my family(not as easy to make that decision as it is when alone), I likely would have jumped the gun and gone already. Maybe someday.

Reactions: TheKrell
Which will be zero this coming year..... Gas prices are down so the feds, both military and social security, think we don't need a pay raise.....
Oh I wasn't talking about the raise. I was talking about the pay difference for different living areas. There COLA is just Cost of Living Allowance. Generally speaking, my retirement base is the same anywhere. They do pad t slightly for residence.

He said he wanted to know if he could setup a WA and get locals from there, since having trouble with EA.
Actually, he did not mention WA:

I think I know the answer to this. But I live in Washington DC and have significant signal issues with the 61.5 bird. I have no issues with 72 and 77. They only channels I need on 61.5 are my locals. All the other channels are also available on the other satellites. Do you think Dish would allow me to get locals from another market?
The "other satellites" being 72 and 77.

Some have confused the original poster, with the latest question from the Washington, DC poster. The original poster mentioned wanting east & west feeds. The latest questioner didn't mention western arc, he just can't get 61.5

The way I see it our DC friend has two choices. If Western Arc is an option he could likely pull in locals from Richmond, or one of the PA markets close by since those beams are huge. Many of those have HD locals on Western Arc as well. The only other option would be to choose one of the markets currently on CONUS as ChadT4 suggested.

These four markets are exclusively CONUS on 77
Bluefield/Oak Hill, WV
Cincinnati, OH
Lima, OH
Lousiville, KY

These are currently CONUS on 77, but also are spotbeamed on 61.5 so it is likely the 77 feeds will go away at some point:
Columbus, GA
Davenport, IA/Rock Island, IL
Evansville, IN
Jacksonville, FL
Lexington, KY
Little Rock, AR
Paducah, KY/Harrisburg, IL
Springfield, MO

This market is exclusively CONUS on 61.5 (why, I wonder)?
Fort Wayne, IN

You are getting both DC and Baltimore locals on Dish? Is that because of your ZIP code? I tried to do that and Dish would only allow DC locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)