Dish dropping all RSN's (No they are not)

Fat Man your post helps tell the story of losing CSNNE. There has been virtually no real complaints here about losing it and I wouldn't say you sound irate. Many don't want to lose the Celtics but face it this year not a team people are clamoring to see. And there's the problem CSNNE does not offer much more than that. Drop NESN and all Bruin and Red Sox games, and their live coverage of press conferences etc... and see the outrage. CSNNE has gone downhill over the years to where it may be better to simply get the NBA league pass and not worry about.
When can Celtics move to NESN?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find it incredibly hard to understand why thousands of people would pay hundreds of dollars apiece for ANY sporting event!

I spend about $700 a year for my wife's and my season tickets to Iowa Hawkeye football games. That comes out to $100 a game for us as a couple and we usually only make it to 5 to 6 games out of the 7 home ones. If you ask any season ticket holder you'll find that they go because they love the whole experience not just the game itself. Sometimes I enjoy tailgating more than the game but it's all part of the experience. Sometimes you have that rare occasion where you get to witness one of the best games in the schools history. I'm proud to be witness to at least one of them.

I spend about $700 a year for my wife's and my season tickets to Iowa Hawkeye football games. That comes out to $100 a game for us as a couple and we usually only make it to 5 to 6 games out of the 7 home ones. If you ask any season ticket holder you'll find that they go because they love the whole experience not just the game itself. Sometimes I enjoy tailgating more than the game but it's all part of the experience. Sometimes you have that rare occasion where you get to witness one of the best games in the schools history. I'm proud to be witness to at least one of them.
Do any teams let you just pay for parking to tailgate, without going inside?

So Dish/Comcast have a short term extension in place. http://iwantcsnchicago.com/

"Thank you for supporting Comcast SportsNet. We have a short-term extension, and Comcast SportsNet will continue to be available to Dish customers.
For information on Comcast SportsNet programming or the latest in local sports news, please visit comcastsportsnet.com."

That is shocking to me - I really thought that they would all be gone this morning after CSN NE was dropped during the summer. Going to csnchicago.com there are no ad banners, no information that there was an extension. CSN Chicago's facebook page doesn't have that story at all. It's like nothing ever happened. I am interested to know how long this short term extension is.

Reactions: Tampa8 and AZ.
I too am somewhat surprised there was any deal at all. Not surprised Comcrap gave no credit on the website that they will be kept on DISH for now.

Do any teams let you just pay for parking to tailgate, without going inside?

For college football you can park in all kinds of lots and tailgate without actually going to the game. Before I had season tickets I always brought a TV and my dish so we could watch the game while we tailgated. That was fun but it's better actually being at the game.

Channels get dropped, Dish is blamed. Negotiations are extended and channels do not get dropped and Dish is still criticized. Negotiations are successful and prices go up in February to take that into account and Dish is lambasted. This seems like a no win situation to me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)