Dish dropping all RSN's (No they are not)

Well then they are not dropping all RSN's like the title of this thread says. I have a feeling this one will get resolved as the RSN's need the money.

Why make up a tittle? Did you even read the article you linked to? DISH has said no such thing a Comcast rep is comparing DISH not paying what Comcast is asking to meaning there will be no settlement and COMCAST will pull the channels. Further not all RSN's are Comcast.

Reactions: satjay
yes from a website I've never knew existed. Red Zone's the only channel worth a crap in sports pack. Maybe someone could post how many people drop sports pack on December 28, after that final regular season game ends. Then you would know how people really feel about RSN's

I'd wait btill we hear this from a more reputable source.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sijjhn
Dish Net likely to drop Comcast RSNs
Here's the official statement from Comcast:

“With the upcoming expiration of our agreements, we are growing increasingly concerned that DISH is not willing to work toward mutually acceptable terms for continuing carriage of NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of Comcast SportsNet regional networks. This unwillingness to recognize the value that live sports delivers, and meet terms that have already been established with our other distribution partners, is putting DISH customers at risk of losing access to Comcast SportsNet’s live game coverage and comprehensive sports news. We feel that the time has come to inform our networks’ passionate viewers of teams from Chicago, Washington DC, Baltimore, San Francisco and Sacramento that they may soon be unable to watch their favorite NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS teams via DISH’s service.”

I wish that ALL RSNS were only available by ala cart. Just like top 120 is without an rsn. Dropped my bill $15.00 a month by dropping down to top 120 without rsn , from the top 200 with an rsn. That way the RSNs could charge as much as the market will bear and those that really want it can pay for it. I for one , wish ALL sports were available by premium sports pack or by ala cart basis. It would make the top programming packs without sports much cheaper. They do this with the premium movie packs , they should do the same thing with the sports packs too.

Reactions: TheKrell
It's not ALL RSN's, just the ones (NBC Sports) Comcast operates. Don't forget there are the ones from FOX, Time Warner, etc. To make the title of the thread "Dish Dropping all RSN's" is misleading and down right idiotic. Do you work for DirecTV by chance?.
I think AA was paid by DirecTV to write that article...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tend to watch more baseball than basketball and hockey, but losing the local RSNs would suck. Sports are one of the only things I watch live. If this dispute goes on for an extended period, I may have to look at other options. Throw in CBC O&O CBS and CW here also possibly going dark and it'll be a rough December for Dish viewers around these parts.

The affected Comcast RSNs will be CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, and CSN Mid-Atlantic.
That's only 4 not all, well 5 if you include CSN New England.

yes from a website I've never knew existed. Red Zone's the only channel worth a crap in sports pack. Maybe someone could post how many people drop sports pack on December 28, after that final regular season game ends. Then you would know how people really feel about RSN's

I have it for B10, P12 and Red Zone for college and NFL. I call the night the last regular season game ends and cancel. :)

I wish that ALL RSNS were only available by ala cart. Just like top 120 is without an rsn. Dropped my bill $15.00 a month by dropping down to top 120 without rsn , from the top 200 with an rsn. That way the RSNs could charge as much as the market will bear and those that really want it can pay for it. I for one , wish ALL sports were available by premium sports pack or by ala cart basis. It would make the top programming packs without sports much cheaper. They do this with the premium movie packs , they should do the same thing with the sports packs too.
Then the same should apply to all those little niche channels. I don't watch them, yet I am forced to pay for them. What's good for the goose...
Do you see where this is going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts