DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

I didn't take the time to read all 108 posts so if this has been posted previously, my apologies:

For those of us who wish to keep AMC in the Dish lineup, the best thing we can do in addition to posting here is call Dish. The CSR I talked with said they are getting a lot of calls and they are tracking them and submitting the numbers to management. So Call, Call, Call!
Michael

I didn't take the time to read all 108 posts so if this has been posted previously, my apologies:

For those of us who wish to keep AMC in the Dish lineup, the best thing we can do in addition to posting here is call Dish. The CSR I talked with said they are getting a lot of calls and they are tracking them and submitting the numbers to management. So Call, Call, Call!
Michael

Unfortunately managers just ignore, ignore, ignore. This is being decided at the top of Dish, they do not have to listen to customer complaints. They know they are going to make a lot of people mad about it, but they only pay attention to cancellation numbers vs what money they can save by not renewing at the terms AMC wants.

Unfortunately managers just ignore, ignore, ignore. This is being decided at the top of Dish, they do not have to listen to customer complaints. They know they are going to make a lot of people mad about it, but they only pay attention to cancellation numbers vs what money they can save by not renewing at the terms AMC wants.
That may be true to some extent. But, if they log let's say a million phone calls, I think somebody's ears will perk up a bit.

Therein lies the problem. I only have 37 pages to this thread, as I have my settings set to 30 posts per page. I suspect Gary has a similar custom setting as well (more than 10 posts per page).

Therein lies the problem. I only have 37 pages to this thread, as I have my settings set to 30 posts per page. I suspect Gary has a similar custom setting as well (more than 10 posts per page).
OK then...post #1070 and on.

So if we knew the email, or snail mail addresses or phone number of those who decide and don't hear customer complaints maybe if they heard from customers directly they might change. But I won't hold my breath.
Michael

So if we knew the email, or snail mail addresses or phone number of those who decide and don't hear customer complaints maybe if they heard from customers directly they might change. But I won't hold my breath.
Michael

It is my opinion they don't value the input of their customers in matters such as this.Still its good to vent and at least let them know how you feel.We can only hope that they get a lot of complaints and perhaps rethink things but as you said I wouldn't hold my breath.

Here's an idea. For the many that do not or have never watched AMC, give it a shot then post your opinion. The 2 part season ending episodes of "The Killing" will be on the next two Sundays (Check your listing because I could have the day wrong). I watched last nights episode (first time viewer) and it was quite good. I was surprised and now I'll probably buy the DVD when it comes out. If you do end up liking it, the show isn't being cancelled and maybe Dish will have it back on by next season. It's kind of a cop/political/mystery type of show. Well written and excellent PQ.

inasully - I think a lot of the AMC poopooers aren't familiar with the current original programming. They are thinking of AMC as it was at one time "American Movie Classics", and how it went from showing uncut, commercial-free classic movies to a shadow of its former self, airing only crappy movies that could barely fit the "classic" label, with tons of commercials. That was basically due to Turner Broadcasting having the rights to most classic films, and saving them for its own TCM network.

But, times have changed. And, now, AMC has a stable of some of the most highly-regarded television drama this side of HBO and Showtime with Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, The Killing, and Hell on Wheels. Even if one does not personally watch AMC, to deny the quality of its programming or the level of it's viewership is simply to deny reality. And, to those who haven't even given AMC a chance because of its low period mentioned in the first paragraph, I think you've been missing out on some good television.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)