DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Very interesting. I never knew this little bit of information. Thank you for the link. That being said, I still don't think that Dish will directly replace Sundance, or even find another channel to fill the gap at all. For one, neither Fearnet or Smithsonian have the same type of programming. And two, BB@Home is still a pretty good value without Sundance and still includes other channels that have some alternate type of programming.
FEARnet does not have to have the same type of programming. if it would ever get added i bet alot of you would like the channel.

FEARnet does not have to have the same type of programming. if it would ever get added i bet alot of you would like the channel.
You're too sensitive concerning Fearnet. :D I didn't say that Fearnet isn't a worthwhile channel. I'm saying that Dish won't be replacing Sundance with another "indy" style movie channel, if they replace it at all.

You're too sensitive concerning Fearnet. :D I didn't say that Fearnet isn't a worthwhile channel. I'm saying that Dish won't be replacing Sundance with another "indy" style movie channel, if they replace it at all.
i'm not sensitive about it. i was just saying alot of the dish customers would like it. i didn't watch sundance much but i do watch ifc quite a bit. we will just have to see if they come through with these "replacements.

KAB said:
It's clear you and Teehar are sharing a sandbox.

That is what was said; I did not say it. If Dish was not going to do it, then it should not have been said. I believe the article was written some time ago, and the slate does not sound promising in terms of a replacement.

It's clear you and Teehar are sharing a sandbox.

lmao At least we don't have our heads stuck in the mud.I want to stay positive truly I do but this time Charlie seems on a mission whether or not it benefits his customers.

The irony of Charlie's statement in Hollywood Reporter, “Programmers have devalued their programming by making it available on multiple outlets,” is once AMC is gone, I and will see my Dish subscription as devalued and drop to a lower tier, just as thousands of others may, making the move less profitable to Dish. And I will go back to buying the AMC shows I like on iTunes. I'd like to see an end to these programming spats, but I think it would take government involvement. One of the arguments against ala carte is that we'd end up seeing far fewer available channels because all of us subsidize them. But I never understood that because I'm assuming most network revenue continues to be from advertising instead of carriage agreements. If satellite and cable companies were required to offer a basic package that covered only delivery costs, they could include "free" channels -- those channels that don't require a carriage payment by the provider. Just imagine how many suddenly free channels there may be once the size of their audience depends on people choosing explicitly to pay for them. The result? Probably smaller but still similar selection with far less expensive bills and far broader viewer choice -- and an end to arguments over carriage fees.

, I and will see my Dish subscription as devalued and drop to a lower tier, just as thousands of others may, making the move less profitable to Dish.
Doubtful anyone (meaning by percentage) is dropping their package over any of the AMC channels.

If satellite and cable companies were required to offer a basic package that covered only delivery costs, they could include "free" channels -- those channels that don't require a carriage payment by the provider. Just imagine how many suddenly free channels there may be once the size of their audience depends on people choosing explicitly to pay for them. The result? Probably smaller but still similar selection with far less expensive bills and far broader viewer choice -- and an end to arguments over carriage fees.

Yes that's exactly what's needed, more Government regulations, and one that makes a business run with no profits, only cover their costs........ :rant:

Again...and again...never said when, least of all immediately. Just went off early this morning.:rolleyes:
It needn't say when. As Teehar pointed out, it is justifiably assumed that a replacement would be made available upon removal of the original.

You don't have to defend Dish on everything they do, man. Save it for stuff in which they are actually right and deserve defense.

Everyone else can just skip over this post, but for gpollock. :p We just moved back to Time Warner and we have FearNet and it is a great channel. It has gotten more air time than probably any other channel in our home this past week or so that we've had it. :D Keep up the fight. ;)

Oh, and I honestly don't remember ever watching IFC, I honestly didn't even know Dish had ever had it (maybe it was due to it not being HD?) but since we've been back I've watched several movies on it as well, in HD of course. Not a bad channel at all.

i'm not sensitive about it. i was just saying alot of the dish customers would like it. i didn't watch sundance much but i do watch ifc quite a bit. we will just have to see if they come through with these "replacements.

Dish has replaced AMC with very valuable programming... Their computer screens showing increased profits...

For some of us, just let us get the International $5 packages. I'll take that over all the AMC channels.....

This would be great, not as a replacement for more general interest channels like AMC, but just as a smart move. I would budget the extra $$ for a few of those.

Doubtful anyone (meaning by percentage) is dropping their package over any of the AMC channels.

You might be surprised. The only one I watch is AMC for Breaking Bad, Mad men and The Walking Dead, and if it's in Top 200 I'll drop down to 120, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. Of course I can't verify which tier its in since Dish has already removed it from the channel guide PDF!

You might be surprised. The only one I watch is AMC for Breaking Bad, Mad men and The Walking Dead, and if it's in Top 200 I'll drop down to 120, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. Of course I can't verify which tier its in since Dish has already removed it from the channel guide PDF!

I won't be surprised because virtually no one but you (If you even you really will) will drop from the top200 to the top120. First the top200 is the most popular package, and not because of AMC by any means, as has been demonstrated viewership is very low other than a show or two. But more importantly for me to believe it will happen you would have to convince me that losing AMC, will make that many people all of a sudden decide they don't want BRAVO, WGN, SPEED, MLBN, NFLN, BBCA, ANIMAL PLANET, TCM, RFD, G4, STYLE, and others... NOT HAPPENING. AMC and the others leaving are just not watched that much. That doesn't mean it's good Dish is not going to have them apparantly, it's not good. But there will be no mass exodus, no stampede of people dropping to a lower package.

It needn't say when. As Teehar pointed out, it is justifiably assumed that a replacement would be made available upon removal of the original.

You don't have to defend Dish on everything they do, man. Save it for stuff in which they are actually right and deserve defense.

But..... you even admit you assumed it. Because you assumed it, Dish said it? I'm on record not defending them losing the channels in this case, but in no way did I think the replacements would be immediate from reading the Dish statements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)