DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Everyone else can just skip over this post, but for gpollock. :p We just moved back to Time Warner and we have FearNet and it is a great channel. It has gotten more air time than probably any other channel in our home this past week or so that we've had it. :D Keep up the fight. ;)

Oh, and I honestly don't remember ever watching IFC, I honestly didn't even know Dish had ever had it (maybe it was due to it not being HD?) but since we've been back I've watched several movies on it as well, in HD of course. Not a bad channel at all.
i know its a good channel and dish needs to see that. my FEARnet facebook page disappeared so i am back to the group i created before the page. i will never quit asking for it ;)

I took the statement to mean, at some point after all of the channels are dropped, Dish will provide replacements. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on any compensation, unless I just really enjoy turning blue and passing out. :D

AMC still on til end of June. Not caring for season 2 very much.

I watched a couple of the Killing episodes. I promptly killed it myself. Dragging out finding out who they are after FOREVER is tiring. It's not as interesting as Twin Peaks. I mean it just didn't have enough things other than the main theme for me to be interested.

i know its a good channel and dish needs to see that. my FEARnet facebook page disappeared so i am back to the group i created before the page. i will never quit asking for it ;)

Facebook page disappeared doesn't sound good for the channel. It means they are cutting back in some way. The channel may have an issue and so is cutting cost holding on and trying to pull in more eyes.
BTW to the person that didn't understand why ala carte doesn't work for smaller channels. The ad revenue is based on the number of eyes that is estimated to be on the channel. So if it has a small audience then it doesn't pull in much money from the ads.
Now as far as Them dropping the Sundance channel some one beat me to saying 1st salvo. When you are gambling on something then you have to show some kind of determination. So Charle pulled it to let AMC networks know it is serious.

I took the statement to mean, at some point after all of the channels are dropped, Dish will provide replacements. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on any compensation, unless I just really enjoy turning blue and passing out. :D

Not only will you see no replacement channels , you won't see your bill drop either. I love how each channel dispute we hear that DISH is standing up to the companies that own these channel groups over price, and yet we NEVER see our bills drop , when they drop the channels. So it looks like DISH just increases their profits and we lose more selection and variety in our tv watching.

This is probably why I didn't notice since I only watch HD movies.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Excuses Excuse for Dish Fans! All these channels you are losing are in HD and many of us who used to be Dish Subs are now watching and enjoying them from other suppliers.

First it was Voom, Then the Disney/ESPN Disputes. Then the NY Sports Regionals. Now these channels. When are you people gonna wake up and make your voices be heard. Maybe the only way your voices will be heard is if you join us on the "Non-Dish" supposedly dark side of the world; where we get all these channels and more in HD as part of our subscription package.

Excuses Excuse for Dish Fans! All these channels you are losing are in HD and many of us who used to be Dish Subs are now watching and enjoying them from other suppliers.

First it was Voom, Then the Disney/ESPN Disputes. Then the NY Sports Regionals. Now these channels. When are you people gonna wake up and make your voices be heard. Maybe the only way your voices will be heard is if you join us on the "Non-Dish" supposedly dark side of the world; where we get all these channels and more in HD as part of our subscription package.

but but but dish has more hd then anyone else...................................

Maybe the only way your voices will be heard is if you join us on the "Non-Dish" supposedly dark side of the world

Thats the only way the voices will be heard, and is honestly the way it should be. If Dish feels it is a bad deal, then they should drop it, its a pretty black and white decision. If the market shows they were wrong, then they eat crow and come back to the table.

AMC is the first disputed channel I will notice at all, but it's no where near enough for me to change. That doesn't mean there won't be a tipping point somewhere down the line, but if it does it will be fixed in a couple of phone calls and a Saturday morning appointment.

I really don't get all the outcry. It's just TV. Even those under contract have ways other ways to get the content. Anyone who thought they were "safe" with a particular channel past the day they were installed is at best naive.

So I should drop Dish, because a channel I don't watch (AMC) is pulled and go to Directv, when Directv doesn't have a channel I do watch (BBC America) in HD. :rolleyes:

So I should drop Dish, because a channel I don't watch (AMC) is pulled and go to Directv, when Directv doesn't have a channel I do watch (BBC America) in HD. :rolleyes:

If you try to actually use facts with Direct subs, they just counter with, "Well, we have all the ones I care about." Those ten or fifteen others they've never had don't count.

If you don't watch the AMC Network channels, then no, you shouldn't leave Dish. But then again this thread and the debating in it aren't for you in the first place. ;)

If you try to actually use facts with Direct subs, they just counter with, "Well, we have all the ones I care about." Those ten or fifteen others they've never had don't count.
Fanboys don't base their opinions on facts. They only recognize facts that support their opinions, ignore those that don't, or make some up.

However, even though both carriers have their share of them, I do notice more Dish fanboys than DirecTV fanboys.

I posted a complaint on the Sundance TV Facebook page, asking them to work with Dish to resolve this issue and this is what their CSR responded.

"Sundance Channel Hey there, Wesley, we regret that because of a totally unrelated lawsuit, Dish Network is denying its customers access to some of their favorite programming on Sundance Channel."

Sundance blames Dish, Dish blames Sundance. I hope they sit down and work this out for the fans of Sundance and the other channels about to be dropped.

But..... you even admit you assumed it. Because you assumed it, Dish said it? I'm on record not defending them losing the channels in this case, but in no way did I think the replacements would be immediate from reading the Dish statements.
If a restaurant had a sign posted that said, "Sorry, we are out of french fries. We will be substituting them with sweet potato fries", one would rightfully assume they would include sweet potato fries in your cheeseburger combo at that time, not at a later date.

It is an assumption based on logic, which is perfectly valid.

MikeD-C05 said:
Not only will you see no replacement channels , you won't see your bill drop either. I love how each channel dispute we hear that DISH is standing up to the companies that own these channel groups over price, and yet we NEVER see our bills drop , when they drop the channels. So it looks like DISH just increases their profits and we lose more selection and variety in our tv watching.

Although it may not have been the most popular channel or even noticed by some, CNBC World was dropped and had a similar slate about channels already existing like it to watch. I believe CNBC World was a Top 250 channel, too.

Unfortunately, Dish is not the only provider that does this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts