DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
On this 236th birthday of America, I got to say that we are a pissy, moaning, cry-baby shell of a once great nation. To everyone who either told CSRs that what they offer isn't good enough, demanded certain services, or demanded to speak to Charlie, politeness goes a long way! I'm not saying be happy and take it if you feel you are getting a bad deal. But be polite. One poster here mentioned yesterday that they were given the run around, promised something twice then told to screw. That's when you treat them like garbage. I'd estimate that 98% of us (including myself) who called for a Roku really didn't have any of the four channels lost on their TV for more than 10 hours in the last 6 months. You people are why I hated working in customer service. I quote Ben Affleck's (spell check) character in Mallrats "The customer is always an a-hole!"

I have been with Dish for over 15 years. Always pay on time. Higher end user, auto pay and paperless. I already have HDNET in my package. So what compensating do they offer me? A total of $30.00 credit to buy episodes from Amazon. In this case I think the CSR or those who control her are the A-Holes.

I have been with Dish for over 15 years. Always pay on time. Higher end user, auto pay and paperless. I already have HDNET in my package. So what compensating do they offer me? A total of $30.00 credit to buy episodes from Amazon. In this case I think the CSR or those who control her are the A-Holes.

Well I'd say you are his target audience.

Lets look at the customer service issue ...

When I called customer service I was pissed.. livid is easily a word to describe it .. I asked *ONE* simple question.. JUST ONE.. and to that I wasn't given an answer until I was dragged through the whole rigamarole of "why do you want to know that answer" ... with the roku, them trying to drag out of me and then trying to play back to my "money" side with ploys of "its only two shows, we can get you this box, you hook it to your tv .. "

etc. etc. etc.

I didn't ask "what are you going to do for me" I asked.. How much would you charge me *IF* I cancel service.. That's all I'd wanted.. and then taken on a journey for 15 minutes with the rest of their "we can" and "we will" and "but its" BS from customer service.. and they couldn't get it straight that ALL they were doing was pissing off a current customer more!

it *IS* about the customer service ... when politeness of "how much will it cost me in termination fees, if I decide to leave dish?" turns into a 20 minute phone call for a simple "60 dollars" answer. That is not good customer service, all it was, was customer retention and market posturing as if dish really was the only place people could get their TV.

Also those of you who think my anger is overboard either haven't had to deal with dish's past failures and don't see their crap as having built to the point of breaking the levee ... Case in point.. Dish Remote Access / Dish Online .. for those of us that bought and used our Sling Adapter's, while DRA was filled with crappy bugs ... Dish Online was far worse.. and still is if your sole intent for using dish online is the sling adapter.. Dish Online is slow, cumbersome and again a marketing push to shove content from all other sources, *not* your personal dvr stuff as Sling Adapter is for personal use, and as DRA allowed.

Add to the Dish Online debacle, that their "Feedback" and "Bug Tracking" site was at over 16000 tickets with nothing but a catastrophic failure to respond on dish's part for ANY valid complaints ..

You add these faults together.. lies, lack of support, failure to produce (Sling Extender anyone?), or even now.. putting out 2 hoppers in a home results in 1 hopper not seeing the other?!?

Enough is enough for me ..

Now as to complaining here? Many people have been in similar circumstances .. and by talking about them here.. it gives the ability for someone to come along at some time and realize .. dish isn't roses ... and not suggesting that one or the other is any better.. but it gives people a chance to know before hand .. they could end up in similar frustrations down the road.

Lets add to some of the things covered in two years
-722 can't access OTA from TV2
-all x Tivo suite with dvr "trick" feature crippling
-firmware updates from hell
-722k (plus others) drive failures, heat issues, OTA module issues
-922 -- good god where do you start ... TV2 output not enabled for over a year, slow clunky interface designed more for visual beauty than functionality
-DRA & access issues .. only to be mirrored by DO and access issues even worse ..

there's a lot there and more detail than I can remember .. not the least of which through all of this was Dish's failure with technical support, yes Dish IRT was a great step up, but they really are more of advanced CSR than Technical Support (and here come the haters again ... riddle me this, when Dish IRT is simply swapping hardware, or resolving billing issues, why would you call that Technical Support?)

Anyway.. we're all free to disagree .. and you folks that see this as CSR bashing... again.. see what its like for you when ONE question won't get answered until you're yelling at them to give you the *fancy* answer.. then tell me how its so overboard or how unfair I am to a CSR that's just following their company protocol.. oh yeah.. the SS they were just following orders too ... maybe the CSR's at Dish aren't *that* bad.. but at least you get the idea where "retention" fails when just trying to appease rather than dealing straight and true.

I posted this in another thread....

I just signed up with Directv last night. They will be installing here on Saturday morning. I will be getting all of the same channels including my beloved AMC. It looks like I will also be saving about $45 a month at least for the first year of the contract. I will also have a HD DVR that can record up to 5 shows when my current Dish one only does 2.

I watch way too many shows and movies on AMC, and I want to watch them LIVE, not in the next couple of days after it airs. I will be calling Dish on Saturday after the install and cancelling with them. A small credit and free refurbished roku player where I still cant watch live shows does not help.

jahost said:

They don't owe us anything for lost channels. "Program is subject to change", right? So don't give me a sob story about any years. Am I happy when they drop channels? No! But they aren't the only game in town, so if I'm mad enough, good bye to them. You can be civil while taking your stand. It's that entitled bull crap that has a lot of the problems we have today. It's sad that the tv is that important.

I just signed up with Directv last night. They will be installing here on Saturday morning. I will be getting all of the same channels including my beloved AMC. It looks like I will also be saving about $45 a month at least for the first year of the contract. I will also have a HD DVR that can record up to 5 shows when my current Dish one only does 2.

I watch way too many shows and movies on AMC, and I want to watch them LIVE, not in the next couple of days after it airs. I will be calling Dish on Saturday after the install and cancelling with them. A small credit and free refurbished roku player where I still cant watch live shows does not help.

Please be sure to tell Dish why you left. Maybe it will help if they know what it's costing them.

-922 -- good god where do you start ... TV2 output not enabled for over a year, slow clunky interface designed more for visual beauty than functionality
-DRA & access issues .. only to be mirrored by DO and access issues even worse ..
You forgot to mention the 789 broadband error that numerous people have complained about since the BBMP update that dish has still not fixed. Its been 9 MONTHS! Makes the sling adapter pretty much useless. Plus when you call dish they all act like its an issue on your end not theirs. I am convinced that it will never get fixed because they have abandoned the vip series receivers for their beloved hopper/joeys. Also their on demand sucks! always has. why cant they look at how directv did it? everyone in here saying its not a big deal its just tv or have been bought off with the stupid little roku player, lets see how the reaction changes WHEN dish dumps ESPN. I also agree with what others have said that this is a precedent set by dish. now whenever charlie gets his feelings hurt this will be the end result.

Congrats and Welcome to Direct you made a good choice :)

Call D

Lets look at the customer service issue ...

When I called customer service I was pissed.. livid is easily a word to describe it .. I asked *ONE* simple question.. JUST ONE.. and to that I wasn't given an answer until I was dragged through the whole rigamarole of "why do you want to know that answer" ... with the roku, them trying to drag out of me and then trying to play back to my "money" side with ploys of "its only two shows, we can get you this box, you hook it to your tv .. "

etc. etc. etc.

I didn't ask "what are you going to do for me" I asked.. How much would you charge me *IF* I cancel service.. That's all I'd wanted.. and then taken on a journey for 15 minutes with the rest of their "we can" and "we will" and "but its" BS from customer service.. and they couldn't get it straight that ALL they were doing was pissing off a current customer more!

it *IS* about the customer service ... when politeness of "how much will it cost me in termination fees, if I decide to leave dish?" turns into a 20 minute phone call for a simple "60 dollars" answer. That is not good customer service, all it was, was customer retention and market posturing as if dish really was the only place people could get their TV.

Also those of you who think my anger is overboard either haven't had to deal with dish's past failures and don't see their crap as having built to the point of breaking the levee ... Case in point.. Dish Remote Access / Dish Online .. for those of us that bought and used our Sling Adapter's, while DRA was filled with crappy bugs ... Dish Online was far worse.. and still is if your sole intent for using dish online is the sling adapter.. Dish Online is slow, cumbersome and again a marketing push to shove content from all other sources, *not* your personal dvr stuff as Sling Adapter is for personal use, and as DRA allowed.

Add to the Dish Online debacle, that their "Feedback" and "Bug Tracking" site was at over 16000 tickets with nothing but a catastrophic failure to respond on dish's part for ANY valid complaints ..

You add these faults together.. lies, lack of support, failure to produce (Sling Extender anyone?), or even now.. putting out 2 hoppers in a home results in 1 hopper not seeing the other?!?

Enough is enough for me ..

Now as to complaining here? Many people have been in similar circumstances .. and by talking about them here.. it gives the ability for someone to come along at some time and realize .. dish isn't roses ... and not suggesting that one or the other is any better.. but it gives people a chance to know before hand .. they could end up in similar frustrations down the road.

there's a lot there and more detail than I can remember .. not the least of which through all of this was Dish's failure with technical support, yes Dish IRT was a great step up, but they really are more of advanced CSR than Technical Support (and here come the haters again ... riddle me this, when Dish IRT is simply swapping hardware, or resolving billing issues, why would you call that Technical Support?)

Anyway.. we're all free to disagree .. and you folks that see this as CSR bashing... again.. see what its like for you when ONE question won't get answered until you're yelling at them to give you the *fancy* answer.. then tell me how its so overboard or how unfair I am to a CSR that's just following their company protocol.. oh yeah.. the SS they were just following orders too ... maybe the CSR's at Dish aren't *that* bad.. but at least you get the idea where "retention" fails when just trying to appease rather than dealing straight and true.
Please call D. I want you to be happy instead of PO'd ALL the time. They may even pay your ETF.

They don't owe us anything for lost channels. "Program is subject to change", right? So don't give me a sob story about any years. Am I happy when they drop channels? No! But they aren't the only game in town, so if I'm mad enough, good bye to them. You can be civil while taking your stand. It's that entitled bull crap that has a lot of the problems we have today. It's sad that the tv is that important.

T.V. is pretty important to most on here. The fact that we are spending time on a Sat board speaks volumes.

Congrats and Welcome to Direct you made a good choice :)

Ahhh thank you =) I can't wait! I keep hearing about Direct's HD pq being better and I can't wait to tell Dish why I am cancelling. Well to tell you the truth I was happy with Dish and really did not want to go through the time and aggravation of changing carriers, but AMC is a very important channel to my wife and I.

Ahhh thank you =) I can't wait! I keep hearing about Direct's HD pq being better and I can't wait to tell Dish why I am cancelling. Well to tell you the truth I was happy with Dish and really did not want to go through the time and aggravation of changing carriers, but AMC is a very important channel to my wife and I.

Yw and imo Direct HD pq is better than Dish and you made a great choice and hope they gave you good offers :)

Yw and imo Direct HD pq is better than Dish and you made a great choice and hope they gave you good offers :)
So, why do you spend so much time on this side, other than to cheer lead for yours? I'm pretty confident and proud that WE, for the most part, stay on our side of the fence.

So, why do you spend so much time on this side, other than to cheer lead for yours? I'm pretty confident and proud that WE, for the most part, stay on our side of the fence.

I have both Direct and Dish...I have Direct for most programming and Dish for Internationals,smallest package and Superstations :)

rapidturtle said:
T.V. is pretty important to most on here. The fact that we are spending time on a Sat board speaks volumes.

Important to treat others like garbage. I'm sorry but I have more respect for the old bats who yell at the people who stock the shelves at the local grocery store because they are out of the canned peas that were on sale. And I get angry listening to those people that at times I wish I could send my cart flying down the isle and take out one of their hips. And that canned peas are more a necessity than us seeing Bridezilla. I love tv and anything else electronic. Don't get me started on radio. But if it went away, I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep. I'm not speaking against people being against something, but be civil. The people who answer the phone at Dish aren't the lowest forms of human beings because you can't see Breaking Bad.

Ok, I'm confused. I've read posts from ex-D* customers here that the Hopper PQ seems to be a little bit better than D*'s now. :p

And that canned peas are more a necessity than us seeing Bridezilla.
C'mon, canned peas have been de-valued since they are also offered as a frozen variety. They aren't going to stock canned peas anymore, even though they are more convenient to store and frozen peas take longer to cook. Here is your free styrofoam cooler and a bag of ice to compensate for the inconvenience of getting access to your peas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts