DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

DISH FRAUD

I signed up for DISH when I moved to a new residence a bout a month and a half ago. At that time I had read that AMC and DISH were having a dispute and DISH might drop the MC channels. I brought up this concern when I called to inquire about signing up and the DISH representative GUARANTEED me, repeatedly that I had nothing to worry about and that it would absolutely never happen. I told him that I would only sign up for DISH based upon his promise that the AMC channels would remain. (About half the shows I watch are on AMC). He again promised me that the AMC channels would absolutely not be dropped. Based on that (fraudulent) assertion I signed up. Now, only a little over a month later, learn that AMC has in fact been dropped. After two transfers, I spoke to "Advanced" customer service rep Erica Rivera and explained the situation to her and told her that I had been signed up under false pretenses and essentially the victim of FRAUD by DISH, and wanted to cancel my service but would not pay the $400 early termination fee. Her answer, in essence, was that the contract says we reserve the right to make programming changes, so tough darts. I attempted to explain that any contract based on false pretenses, as this one clearly was (which none of the 3 customer service reps I spoke to even attempted to deny) is null and void. Now apparently I will have to have a legal battle with DISH because they intentionally defrauded me when they signed me up and want to charge me 400 dollars to correct the situation THEY caused. What an appalling way to treat your customers.

Sales people make sales, expect half truths. Additionally, c'mon, you really think a sales rep has the ability to guarantee that sort of thing? Finally, it does say programming is subject to change.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I signed up for DISH when I moved to a new residence a bout a month and a half ago. At that time I had read that AMC and DISH were having a dispute and DISH might drop the MC channels. I brought up this concern when I called to inquire about signing up and the DISH representative GUARANTEED me, repeatedly that I had nothing to worry about and that it would absolutely never happen. I told him that I would only sign up for DISH based upon his promise that the AMC channels would remain. (About half the shows I watch are on AMC). He again promised me that the AMC channels would absolutely not be dropped. Based on that (fraudulent) assertion I signed up. Now, only a little over a month later, learn that AMC has in fact been dropped. After two transfers, I spoke to "Advanced" customer service rep Erica Rivera and explained the situation to her and told her that I had been signed up under false pretenses and essentially the victim of FRAUD by DISH, and wanted to cancel my service but would not pay the $400 early termination fee. Her answer, in essence, was that the contract says we reserve the right to make programming changes, so tough darts. I attempted to explain that any contract based on false pretenses, as this one clearly was (which none of the 3 customer service reps I spoke to even attempted to deny) is null and void. Now apparently I will have to have a legal battle with DISH because they intentionally defrauded me when they signed me up and want to charge me 400 dollars to correct the situation THEY caused. What an appalling way to treat your customers.

PROGRAMMING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME
read your contract

Some lessons are learned hard.

I called them and they offered to waive all monthly fees for a year and I told them that wasn't acceptable and demanded to talk to charlie and they gave me directv's number and hung up.

Explain what you mean by "they offered to waive all monthly fees for a year." Depending on what "fees" you're talking about, IMO, that would have been a sweet deal.:confused:

Ever heard of "Buyer beware!"?

Ghpr13:usa2:

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

:eek:

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/Residential-Agreement.pdf

Section 1 paragraph I
I. Changes in Services Offered. We may add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming,
programming packages and other Services that we offer, as well as the prices and fees related to such programming,
programming packages and Services, at any time, including without limitation, during any term commitment period to
which you have agreed. If a change affects you, we will notify you of such change and its effective date. In the event
that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation
to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any
refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.

Section 9 paragraph H
H. Other. No salesperson, installer, customer service representative, authorized retailer, or other similarly situated
individual is authorized to change or override this Agreement.

Sorry to hear about this, but NEVER EVER EVER take the word of a salesperson over what is written in a contract. His word is not worth the paper it's written on.

Well...I accepted the free Roku and the 10/12 credit. I was assured that it wouldn't hurt me down the road with equipment upgrades. I just don't want to be moved from a higher tiered customer down to a lower tiered customer.

After a 5 minute phone call. Free Roku, 10/12 credit and a 1 time $35.00 credit.
I forgot, being sent overnight as well. FOC

I have a tentative install date for the 21'st of Directv in replacement of Dish because of this BS AMC crap.

I'm still trying to work out the details but currently it looks like I'll be getting the 5 channel DVR, two HD receivers which can access the DVR, in replacement for two 722k's and a 211k (converted to dvr).

I was on the phone with dish .. without that special number .. and my very first question to the first rep on the phone was: "I want to find out how much I will have to pay if I decide to discontinue Dish" ... that immediately got me to the retention department.. where I made my anger over the loss of AMC and the BS that Dish is pulling very apparent and understood.

... they tried to offer me the roku, the refunds for having to buy seasons of one or two shows.. trying to barter the entire use of the channel down to only the original content rather than the ability at any time to tune into their channel to see stuff.. to which I "said" look that's not what I asked.. I don't want your f**king roku, your promises of repayment nor your bs channels replacing AMC .. nothing Dish does is right the first time, and having the roku won't work if I don't hook it up to internet .. and then what have overages for downloading content that should be coming through the satellite?

I was livid .. and still am.. add all the faults of the last 2 years with dish ... promised the Sling Extender, never shown, Dish Remote Access torn to shreds and replaced with that f*-ing unholy POS DishOnline, Hopper comes out, Joeys can access hoppers but two hoppers can't access each other? WTF kind of deal is that? "oh well its new technology" and which I replied "exactly... and none of the kinks worked out, and all of the frustrations left in .. now stop d**king me around and tell me how much it would cost me *IF* I decided to drop dish"

60 bucks. 40 less than I'm paying Dish now, and 20 less than my first month is supposed to be with Directv.

if I'm to believe what I'm getting from Directv .. I will be paying (as a new customer) 6 to 20 dollars less than what I paid monthly with Dish ... *and* getting *ALL* the channels (comparable to dish's everything pack .. .. the at250, hd locals, hbo, sho, max, tmc, etc) 20 dollars for the first 12, 6 for the 13 ~24 and then I will see..

I've been super busy of late.. and haven't had much time to read or post ... I did read some 30 pages of this thread (and I'm set for 30 posts per page so yes that's nearly 1000 posts) ... and every bit of what I've read just re-enforces me that my anger with dish is justified (fx ;)) and that this really will be the only way to tell dish what they've done to a +10 year subscriber. Tired of the games, the promises, the lies, the crap that they pull (dish online for Dish remote access) and at some point.. as many have said in one form or another .. straw that breaks the camels back.

Good luck to all of you.. if AMC wasn't your ball of wax, good for you.. do please remember there's always something that *you'll* want at some point .. so be civil to those upset over AMC. (and upset for the loss of *WE* ... that's for my other family members that watch that).

Hi guys been away for a while ( nuclear aircraft carriers don't build themselves ) and I can see that this is a big topic and like others I'm not happy either so I will be leaving dish and going with cox cable. We enjoy all of the amc channels and this is just tiring to go through this nonsense every time Ergen gets a hair up his ass.

Thanks DISH. Now my wife had the great idea to inform me that she will not be providing me service in "that way", threw me $20 and gave me directions to "Tina" on the corner down the street. I complained profusely, so she threw in a Hustler and a calling card for 800-GET-GIRL.

I'll take that offer over getting another wife. The ETFs are just too much at this early stage of our commitment.

I love how some got theirs overnighted and others are told 5 business days, or 7-10 days, etc.

NOT

Got mine today at 12:00pm . Was told yesterday , originally the unit would ship Monday of next week. I got home from work and an email from Fedex showed by 3:00pm Tuesday, but got it three hours early. Just got home from work again and I'm about to install it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)