DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In a way I think the free roku deal just reinforces what Charlie said from the start.He said AMC networks had devalued their content by offering most of it online.What better way to show that than to give away free roku players.

There also is just a hint of resentment due to the voom debacle.;)

It's Joe now right? Not Charlie?

Its easy and not that much of a mystery.
as Scott said in a post they do not want to do business amc.
Think about it if you took your car to the quick oil change and they left out the oil and you need a new motor and had to go to court to get compensation would you take your new car there?
Its not about money or programing dish is mad and they do not care how much they spend to hurt them .
Funny something like that happen to my neighbor and all he was entitled to was the cost of the oil change. :eek:

Got my roku, it is a remanufactured 2 xd. Hope this clears things up. Now to see if I will get my hdmi cable. Cheers

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

thechaz05 said:
Got my roku, it is a remanufactured 2 xd. Hope this clears things up. Now to see if I will get my hdmi cable. Cheers

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

That would explain why I was quoted both $79.99 and "a $50 value" from Dish. More info on the refurb unit at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57459696-58/get-a-refurbished-roku-2-xd-for-$59.99/

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

In a way I think the free roku deal just reinforces what Charlie said from the start.He said AMC networks had devalued their content by offering most of it online.What better way to show that than to give away free roku players.

I keep reading about devalued content
If you use the amazon on the roku and buy the season of the top four shows you have about 83.00 in it. that's 7.00 per month for 4 shows a lot to pay for devalued programs

I love how some got theirs overnighted and others are told 5 business days, or 7-10 days, etc.

NOT

Wow calling was unbelievably easy. After getting to loyalty, no wait, a very nice loyalty female rep got on (she had a very horse voice, maybe of which was due to her being flooded with these calls). I told her I was unhappy with losing AMC and right away without me even having to say more she offered me $15/m credits for a year and a free Roku ($60 value) for being a top customer with the top package. She assured me the Roku is to 1080p one and not the 720p one. Nothing ever goes my way with these type of things. I guess I just got really lucky.

Jay

I just talked to loyalty and got 10 a month for a year.
I could have gotten the Roku but it required the amazon prime membership and that's 80 bucks a year. I love amazon but most stuff i order has 99 cent next day.

So for now I've just taken a credit and I'll watch the shows on my laptop if I must see them.

I am going on 13 years with DISH so I was told I was at the top of their loyalty list or something like that, lol

tigershere said:
I just talked to loyalty and got 10 a month for a year.
I could have gotten the Roku but it required the amazon prime membership and that's 80 bucks a year. I love amazon but most stuff i order has 99 cent next day.

i dont think you need prime membership to stream stuff off amazon. Granted, you wont get access to the free content prime members get, but as long as you have a amazon.com account, you can buy content and stream it

i dont think you need prime membership to stream stuff off amazon. Granted, you wont get access to the free content prime members get, but as long as you have a amazon.com account, you can buy content and stream it
Correct. No Prime necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)