DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

The Roku Pix on Amazon and netflix is amazingly good. Even on a big screen. In some cases it's a little better than some of the Dish channels where color banding is concerned. The Roku is a set-top-box that hooks up to your TV via HDMI cable.

The Roku Pix on Amazon and netflix is amazingly good. Even on a big screen. In some cases it's a little better than some of the Dish channels where color banding is concerned. The Roku is a set-top-box that hooks up to your TV via HDMI cable.

And I'll bet money it pauses constantly to buffer. Youtube and CNN is totally unwatchable because of that. I wouldn't expect any other internet gadget to be any better.

But I'll take one none the less.

Do you go to dish.com/chat to complain?

Did anyone else only keep it on 200 while new episodes of The Walking Dead aired, and then when it wasn't aired downgraded back to your previous plan (for me, it's Dish America)?

And I'll bet money it pauses constantly to buffer. Youtube and CNN is totally unwatchable because of that. I wouldn't expect any other internet gadget to be any better.

go to dish site, click on support, then click on contact us, then chat now

Dee_Ann said:

That's all dependent on your Internet connection. I have a 30/5 connection and HD tv episodes start on my Roku within 5-10 seconds. Never buffers. I've had the exact same Roku XD for about a year and a half. Great little machine. If it had Disney content. I could drop Dish.

Then you better start saving your money because you're going to be paying up on that bet. I've run a Roku box on 8/1 and 15/2 internet connections over wifi and have never had any problems with Netflix, Amazon, EpixHD and HBOGO. The only problems I do have (when I have them) are from live streams. But I was watching streams of BBC 1 - 4 and CBC this past weekend without any hiccups. Of course if you're running some crappy 1.5mps down dsl, all bets are off. ;)

Last edited:

I have an average speed internet connection, good but not the fastest. Virtually never does the Roku buffer, never. The picture is tremendous and in 720 HD if the source is in HD. (Very little material in 1080) When the picture isn't the best it's because of the source, either they have a lousy picture no matter what your speed is or their own servers and connection can't keep up. But the picture from places like Amazon, HBO GO(superb) or BBC are first rate. (The Slingbox,is another device that rarely buffers)

I also don't think you understand how this works. You DO watch on your TV, whatever the size. The picture with decent internet will be very good.

Last edited:
SCR*W THAT.........

100% UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!

I bought a BIG SCREEN HDTV so I could watch TV on my BIG SCREEN HDTV!!

I will not watch shows on a frickin little PC screen where it's uncomfortable and the frickin internet buffers and pauses constantly!!

A great big F U to Dish on this deal!!!!!!!!

Chill. It's only TV.

Can you do large fonts on chat too??

I'm reluctant to accept any of their freebies. I saw all the pissed off customers who wanted to upgrade to the Hopper and Joey system who were quoted outrageous prices due to the fact that they accepted credits from Dish and became lower "tiered" customers.

dustinw82 said:
I'm reluctant to accept any of their freebies. I saw all the pissed off customers who wanted to upgrade to the Hopper and Joey system who were quoted outrageous prices due to the fact that they accepted credits from Dish and became lower "tiered" customers.

I asked about this very thing (and moving) and was told this wouldn't cause any issues. I did not get credits so maybe my case is different than those who got $10 for 12 months.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I had two seperate chat agents promise me the Roku and then reneged the offer at the end when they were processing the information. I have the chat transcripts. Is there any value in sending them to CEO@Dish?

I did not have AMC in my current package but they offerred to me regardless. I mentioned that I was also upset about the recent loss of MSG and SNY. They said they could not offer credits for the AMC shows and I would have to pay out of pocket since I'm not a subscriber. I was OK with that because I really just wanted the Roku.

Ok, I agree that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I don't call up DISH everytime that a channel gets dropped. There was one dropped from my international package as well about 1 month ago.

I read that people were getting the Roku's on this forum and tried my luck and got the offer both times. It's more frustrating having gotten my hopes up rather than flat out refusing from the beginning. All the agents need to be on the same page. I'm aware of subcribers then even got the $10/month credits despite being on the DISH America package!

I agree. I'd rather wait until Fall to get HBO and Showtime free for 3 mos.

As someone stated earlier, it concerns me with how freely they are sending out these Roku boxes. This could be a sign of more channels being lost in the future because of 'diminished value' from streaming. The party will be over when the credits run out. In reviewing my DVR schedule I realized that 80% of my recordings were from a network Dish has had a recent dispute (Fox) and a network I probably won't be getting back (AMC). I am considering switching because of this. I am not angry about Dish's decision and I don't think the grass will be any greener at Direct, but it doesn't seem that Direct has disputes that are this confontational.

Are you guys saying you can watch the AMC shows on the Roku? If its like Netflix and Hulu which i both subscribe to you have to wait unitl the whole season is released. The only place i know where you can watch the show the next day is itunes

AMC help on DISH

Since AMC was dropped from DISH lineup - is there any way to view the AMC programs?
I do have a ROKU device for streaming.
thanks

Are you guys saying you can watch the AMC shows on the Roku? If its like Netflix and Hulu which i both subscribe to you have to wait unitl the whole season is released. The only place i know where you can watch the show the next day is itunes

I think that Amazon offers them within a day or so of the original airing.

I use AppleTV and get these things from iTunes, which offers them the next day after airing.

dk7 said:
Since AMC was dropped from DISH lineup - is there any way to view the AMC programs?
I do have a ROKU device for streaming.
thanks

Yes, on Amazon(which you can access through roku) they have most if not all
AMC programs. They will cost 2.99 and up
Per episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)