Dish DVR 510 question

baronpilot

Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I'm new to the site. I can't figure out how to search the forums (??), so am posting this question.

I'm considering switching from Dish to Directv. If I cancell my dish service, will they disable my DVR 510 so I lose my stored programs? Can I keep the programs by disconneecting the satellite input before I cancell the service, so that Dish can't access the unit? There is not phone line other other access.

Thanks for your help!

The answer

It has been two days since I cancelled dish. The 510 DVR still works.

I disconnected the cable from the dish receiver before I called and cancelled. I don't know if it makes a difference, but that is what I did.

There is no phoneline connection to the unit either. Never has been.

The unit turns itself on every night, probably looking for updates. It's on in the morning when I get up. I turn it off with the remote.

In order to use the unit, I need to power on then select my recordings. If I wait for it to look for satellites, it will not respond to the remote command to go to "My Recordings". Seems to lock up, but I can still turn it off with the remote.

It the unit stops working I'll post it here. Otherwise, assume it continues to work.

Aloha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)