dish dvr 622 stuck

madcow

Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
my dvr 622 is stuck on the system screen. the channel won't change and i cannot exit this screen. there are no lights on the receiver and the batteries are fresh. what should i do? if i unplug it will it damage the saved programs?

You might try doing a reboot of the receiver. Hold the power button in for a count of seven to ten (I usually do it to a count of ten to be sure) and it should start the rebooting process. It will take a while and you should not mess with the remote or receiver while it is rebooting.

Rebooting will fix a lot of problems and should not affect your recordings or anything else.

Unplugging the receiver will also reboot the receiver and should not affect recorded programs.

thanks Gary, it worked like a charm. i never experienced a frozen dvr before but i know now what to do thanks again.

As with all computer devices, operating system corruption happens from time to time and reboot will be necessary. Either the soft (with power button) or hard (pull the plug) reboot will be necessary from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts