Dishnetwork 500 with OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xternal

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Ok so I thought I read that I could plug my Wingard OTA into the Dishnetwork 500 sat. So I got up there this weekend and have it all hooked up. I hooked into the LNB input but it did not seem to work. Am all wet or dis I plug into the wrong one. There were two open inputs, is this even possible?

Scott, he is talking about hooking up an OTA antenna to a Dish LNB, I think.

If that's the case, it's my understanding that you need a diplexer. You hook up one end of the diplexer downstream of all switches. The other end connects to the OTA antenna. On the other side (by the TV/Sat receiver) they are "split" using a diplexer as well.

See ya
Tony

"I hooked into the LNB input but it did not seem to work."

That LNB input in the DPP Twin or 1000.2 lnb is for satellite signals only you need to combine the OTA signal and the satellite signal with diplexers like Tony mentioned.

I was afraid of that. I was trying to avoid running any addtional wire. I thought I had read that there was a way to hook directly into the antenna. I bought a diplexor at Radio shack. Does it matter which Sat signal I tap into?

AFAIK The diplexor needs to go on AFTER the switch, not before.

Dish > LNB > Switch > Diplexor to combine OTA and Dish> Diplexor to split > end 1 to Antenna input on TV or receiver | end 2 to satellite receiver "Dish" input

See ya
Tony

So I need two diplexors to make this work? One on the outside to combine the signals and another on the inside at each TV/receiver?

parson the question but when you say "switch" where is that? Is it the coax inputs found at the end of the arm on the antenna? sat1, sat2 sat3, lnb... I would guess I could put the diplexor inside the arm.

After re-reading your post you don't have a switch, just the LNB. This is what you can do:

Run a short cable jumper from the LNB to the SAT-IN port in the diplexer. Run another cable from the Winegard to the ANT-IN port in the diplexer. Connect the current cable going to the receiver to the output of the diplexer.

At the receiver, connect the cable coming from the dish to the IN/OUT (single port) in the diplexer. Run one cable from the SAT-IN to the satellite receiver. Run one cable from the ANT-IN to the ANT input in the receiver or TV.

You don't say what receiver you have so I don't know if you have a dual tuner or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)