Dish DVR 625 and Dish 500 "dish"

SnittyKitty

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
Opelka, AL
My old setup was the Dish 500 dish with two outputs, one port on the left side and one port on the right side of the LNB which can be separated from the end of the "arm" of the dish. My receiver then was the 4922 which continues to work. I'm now using the DVR 625. We're using one TV. Right now all I have is one tuner working on the DVR, not both. I understand from other forums I've read that the simplest solution with what is now called a legacy dish is to run a 2nd wire from the 2nd port on the LNB and run it to 2nd LNB port on the DVR. My first question is will this setup work? My next is should I invest in the LNB with the twin ports on one side and one port on the other and what is that particular piece called. Thank you; any advice and help will be deeply appreciated.

Sound like you have a legacy Twin.

Yes, you can and should run the 2nd line to the 625. Put the 625 in Single Mode so you can record 2 channels at once, record 1 while you watch a live channel, and be able to use PiP.

The Twin with 2 outputs and 1 input is the DishPro Plus Twin, aka DPP Twin. With it you can use the Separator behind the 625 and not have to run a 2nd line. You'll also have to option to use the 4900 or another dual-tuner receiver by running a line to the other room.

do u self a favor go to ebay buy a dpp twin the dpp twin lnb will work with both legacy and dp and dpp also u can use sepertors so u have 4 feeds its better lnb proplem u have now the newer reciver will not work with legacy lnbs u should be able get 1 for about 20 -25 shiped if u have insurance with dish dish may even send u 1 free of charge easey to install...

do u self a favor go to ebay buy a dpp twin the dpp twin lnb will work with both legacy and dp and dpp also u can use sepertors so u have 4 feeds its better lnb proplem u have now the newer reciver will not work with legacy lnbs u should be able get 1 for about 20 -25 shiped if u have insurance with dish dish may even send u 1 free of charge easey to install...

TRANSLATION:
Do yourself a favor, go to ebay and buy a DPP Twin. The DPP Twin LNB will work with both Legacy and DP. Also, with DPP you can use seperators so you have four feeds. It's a better LNB. The problem you have now is the newer receiver will not work with Legacy LNBs. You should be able to get one for about $20-25 shipped. If you have insurance with Dish, Dish may even send you one free of charge. They are easy to install...

Actually a 625 will work with his Legacy Twin, but he would need both cables from the twin to the receiver. But yes, the DPP Twin would be his best choice to run both receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts