Dish DVR 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IDFC

Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
First of all I just want to say hi to everyone. I just join the site. Thanks for having me here.

My dvr 921 hard drive just failed, and I am trying to figure it out how to fix it. I dont have alot of money to get fixed. Any sugestions would be helpful. Thank you.

First of all I just want to say hi to everyone. I just join the site. Thanks for having me here.

My dvr 921 hard drive just failed, and I am trying to figure it out how to fix it. I dont have alot of money to get fixed. Any sugestions would be helpful. Thank you.

If I posted wrong place or out of the line please delete the post and send me to the right direction please. Sorry for any inconvience, thaks alot.

I think this is a good place for it.

Call Dish. They're replacing 921s now anyway- you'll get some kind of offer. You'll come out ahead.

Your 921 won't be able to receive HD anymore, anyway, as it's all moving to MPEG-4. The 921 only deals with MPEG-2.

BTW, sometimes it takes hours before responses come in.

Thank you for the quick response. I had this recever for long time and paid alot of money for it and its hard for me to let it go. I do have one of the newer recever that I am using. I do like to get the 921 fixed so kids can record the cartoons and etc. I read somewher here by replacing the hard drive but I dont have the copy of the os for the hard drive. If I can get the firmware I think I can manage to fix it. Any Ideas? thak you again.

Since that is a discontinued receiver DISH will not be updating the software to work with the new smartcard. It will not work by the end of the year or sooner even if you replace the drive. So you definitely should let DISH upgrade it.

thank you all, and Thanks for having me here. Its Great site, and thanks for all the responses. Thanks again.

Go to the Yahoo group dishmod (click this link).
Ask for help there.

I see their database has a listing for the 942, but I don't know if it is the same as the 941 list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)