DISH DVR options

Jnejk

Original poster
Dec 5, 2020
Denver, CO
I'm thinking it's finally time to upgrade from my 722 because I need more space to work with, and the DVR is misbehaving. I do have a 722k that we bought on eBay (but never activated), but that doesn't fix my problem about needing more space. I really like the feature of being able to rename my titles, though. Do you know if they kept that feature? (From my internet search it seems that they did not.) If they did drop that feature, do you know of another system that allows backup to an external drive, or software that would work too do that with a "cutting the cord" option? (I also like the option of being able to access the DVR remotely, and have a lot of episodes saved on external drives already (which I'm pretty sure I understand how to maintain access of if we were to cancel the service).

Your only place to go it to the Hopper setup, which offers 2TB of space. :D

You can use your external drive with it and you will not lose anything you recorded on them.

Not to mention you will have 16 tuners to record from, and Prime Time Anytime.

Hopper3 does not let you rename your recordings. If your guide has no info (mostly ota sub stations) you will see gibberish titles. Annoying. Hoping for a future software update will fix it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts