Dish DVR PPV Recording Question

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
Last night I ordered Wrestlemania 27 and recorded it to my Dish DVR. My question is that will Dish Network remove it from my recordings after I watch the recording or will it stay there for as long as I would like?

Thanks in advance for responses

That is only true for "Limited Recordings" (they are tagged this way when you order). I have no idea if Wrestlemania falls into that category or not. If it doesn't have the Limited Recordings tag you can keep forever.

That is only true for "Limited Recordings" (they are tagged this way when you order). I have no idea if Wrestlemania falls into that category or not. If it doesn't have the Limited Recordings tag you can keep forever.

Where would it tell you if its a limiting recording?

Where would it tell you if its a limiting recording?

I believe it would say it in the DVR event, above the description (I'm pretty sure it's yellow font).

Some more info (copy and paste): Limited recording restricts the amount of time that some Pay-Per-View movies can be kept on a DVR. If a movie has limited recording, once the customer starts viewing the movie from their DVR they have 24 hours to watch the movie as many times as they would like. After the 24-hour time period they will no longer be able to view the movie on their DVR. If they try to watch it, they will be prompted to delete the movie. A limited recording message will appear on the movies that are affected when ordering the movie with a remote. There are also messages through web ordering, the IVR, and with customer service representatives.

I agree very much with that. (And maybe they can I do not know) It seems very different than renting a movie to me. You should not have a limit on how many times you want to watch it.

My son until last month had Wrestlemania 25 on his 625. I pay for this year Wrestlemania but in SD. My son is planning to watch it many times, unless the poor booking of the main event ruined his plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)