Dish Elevation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HELP!!!

I finally got my Galaxy 19 tuned in which is my True South satellite.
Im getting 96 on the signal and 90 on the quality now.
Im having trouble with getting to the AMC9 sateliite,my reciever does not have a satellite @83W which is AMC9 but it does have one @82W,which is AMC4,these 2 satellites have about the identical elevation of 42 degrees and I figure 1 degree on the heading won't matter..anyway I set the reciever to USALS and enter 11735 H 4444 3/4 on the transponder and push the button for "go to satellite" and the motor starts to move east and stops and I do get a quality signal of 55 but it's jumping up and down from 55-100 and won't lock,im affraid to move anything on the dish or motor mount in fear of not getting anything again,and if I mess with the elevation or azimuth to get the AMC9 that throws the rig out of kilt and won't be the same when it sweeps back to the Galaxy 9 satellite,thats my thoughts correct me if im wrong.
I tried moving the LNB around but that didn't help any.
Whats you're guys thoughts on this?

I figure 1 degree on the heading won't matter
Yes, it prob will. You should be able to change it's location in one of the setup menus.

,im affraid to move anything on the dish or motor mount in fear of not getting anything again,
Just push and pull on the Dish, Left, Right, Up, and Down, see if you can get it to lock.
Make notes of what worked.
Then pick a Sat about the same distance West of your True South Sat, and see what you can lock.

I finally got my Galaxy 19 tuned in which is my True South satellite.
Im getting 96 on the signal and 90 on the quality now.
Im having trouble with getting to the AMC9 sateliite,my reciever does not have a satellite @83W which is AMC9 but it does have one @82W,which is AMC4,these 2 satellites have about the identical elevation of 42 degrees and I figure 1 degree on the heading won't matter..anyway I set the reciever to USALS and enter 11735 H 4444 3/4 on the transponder and push the button for "go to satellite" and the motor starts to move east and stops and I do get a quality signal of 55 but it's jumping up and down from 55-100 and won't lock,im affraid to move anything on the dish or motor mount in fear of not getting anything again,and if I mess with the elevation or azimuth to get the AMC9 that throws the rig out of kilt and won't be the same when it sweeps back to the Galaxy 9 satellite,thats my thoughts correct me if im wrong.
I tried moving the LNB around but that didn't help any.
Whats you're guys thoughts on this?

I'm confused. AMC4 has NEVER been at 83W. It has been at 101 ever since it went up in 99, although it was first called Spacenet 4. But whatever, it doesn't matter what your receivers call the sats, as long as it has the proper longitudes entered if you're using USALS.

After you went to the satellite in USALS mode, did you try switching to diseqC-1.2 mode, and bumping east or west one or two counts?
Also some receivers are a bit more sensitive about SR than others, last I checked, I thought that the actual SR was 4440, not 4444, but that usually wouldn't make a difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)