Dish employees get updates first.

Neat. This is what mine looks like on most days. Just finished a nightly reboot here too, all show up. It's pretty intermittent, glad a red button reboot fixes but still annoying.

wJUBi.jpg

I suspect it is related to the bridging somehow. Not sure how, but when I remove Ethernet and disable bridging I never have the issue.

I lost any connection with bridging enabled on S217

Good deal. Hope that means that they've been fixing up the bridging.

3HaloODST said:
Neat. This is what mine looks like on most days. Just finished a nightly reboot here too, all show up. It's pretty intermittent, glad a red button reboot fixes but still annoying.

I suspect it is related to the bridging somehow.

it just seems like bridging portions weren't quite complete at release. It gets better everytime however.

Yeah I've checked the MoCA stats in the counters. It always shows 290000000+ bps for all devices which is perfectly fine. Gotta be a software issue. I've been debating on whether or not I should just get an HIC to avoid all the bridging pains. Going to give it a couple of software updates before I make a move. So does Dish plan on actively getting feedback from all it's employees or what?

3HaloODST said:
Yeah I've checked the MoCA stats in the counters. It always shows 290000000+ bps for all devices which is perfectly fine. Gotta be a software issue. I've been debating on whether or not I should just get an HIC to avoid all the bridging pains.

The only explanation is SW. RG6 and the fact it's proven to work leaves a SW issue. Gotta admit the releases are often enough you know it's their main concern.

Yep I have nothing but RG6 with new ends. I am pretty happy that they are releasing the updates faster, hopefully the employees can help speed up bug finds.

3HaloODST said:
Yep I have nothing but RG6 with new ends. I am pretty happy that they are releasing the updates faster, hopefully the employees can help speed up bug finds.

As much as I poke around with it and check random things and try to recreate issues I think it will help. At least the major problems before released to public. Of course we don't know how much time before it will be.

Yeah I was pretty surprised that S213 got out the way it did. It was pretty horrible. Dish must have noticed how horrible it was so they're taking action now.

Did you ever notice periodic glitching at the top and bottom of each hour on live TV? If so, did they finally fix it on S219? I have noticed it since Day 1 (started on S207.) Not horrible but mildly irritating.

3HaloODST said:
Yeah I was pretty surprised that S213 got out the way it did. It was pretty horrible. Dish must have noticed how horrible it was so they're taking action now.

Did you ever notice periodic glitching at the top and bottom of each hour on live TV? If so, did they finally fix it on S219? I have noticed it since Day 1 (started on S207.) Not horrible but mildly irritating.

Not once have I noticed it today. I did get a sound glitch on a commercial earlier, rewind... Glitch again. lasted about 4 seconds.

I have a feeling we will see this one come down to customers a few days after the Olympics.

I'm sure the thing that's keeping the buggy 217 on our Hoppers is that Olympics app. (Which, I would imagine, most people would gladly give up for a more stable Hopper experience.)

Shoot, I tell other techs about stuff before the fsms know what's going on thanks to this site.
Yup just like back in the last months of the superdish I told our boss we would not be using supers much longer and was laughed at and told I had no F'n clue what I was talking about. two months later I asked him who had no F'n clue now? :p

Yup just like back in the last months of the superdish I told our boss we would not be using supers much longer and was laughed at and told I had no F'n clue what I was talking about. two months later I asked him who had no F'n clue now? :p

Kept that job? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts