Dish Expands High Definition Package

philssatellite

philssatellite

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2005
Ball Ground, Ga
is dish going to be the only one to have these channels? if they are that is a huge advantage over DTV.

C

Carter

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 28, 2004
Glendale, AZ
The channels are available to all providers. Rumor is that they will be coming to D* after the launch of Spaceway 2 in June.

normang

normang

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2003
mdonnelly said:
Nonetheless, the technologies EXIST.

This is true, and it had to be in an 811. A reciever that after 18 months and I forget the number of code updates, while Ok, really isn't fully functional. I still think its going to be next year before we see anything shippable with mpeg4 and time from then to convert existing customers to mpeg4..

How does an mpeg4 PQ look on a demo 811?

J

jjkron

Apr 29, 2005
I have been reading this forum for about a year after I received my 811. Great site and a lot of useful info. Quick setup question about the Voom channels coming to E*. I have a dish 500 with a 44 switch running to 4 receivers. Can you take the 61.5 feed and the feed coming from the 44 switch that runs to the 811 and run them into a 21 switch then to the 811?

N

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
EchoStar's Fleet, Services, and CPE - 2005, Fleet Planning

If you look at the graphic attachment/photo in the "Photos from Team Summit" post, you will notice that only the 110 & 119 orbits are marked for HD content. For those of you who keep up with the satellite fleet, does this slide appear to be a reflection of today's services, or an indication of status-to-come?

shanewalker

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
I just got off of the phone with an E* CSR and she informed me that the latest info she has confirms that the addtional Voom HD channels will be availabe May 1...and that they will cost an ADDITIONAL $5/MO. I told her that ran contrary to what I'd heard elsewhere but she insisted that was the latest info given to her.

Can anyone else confirm this?

W

warper

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 23, 2004
Maybe I missed something here but I was just told the the new voom channels are for new installs only. I am really starting to hate dish with a passion. I have never seen a company burn its customer base like dish. I am in the service industry and if we did what they do to our customers they would walk.

jimboeau

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
shanewalker said:
I just got off of the phone with an E* CSR and she informed me that the latest info she has confirms that the addtional Voom HD channels will be availabe May 1...and that they will cost an ADDITIONAL $5/MO. I told her that ran contrary to what I'd heard elsewhere but she insisted that was the latest info given to her.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Did she say from which bird?

Poke

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Heck I talked to a guy about two hours ago it was all news to him about the add on of 10 HD channels. Heck his suporvisor had to call the head quaters about it so we will half to waite and see.But he did say he felt like the would half to move things around to free up space. Due to he said that it would not be smart to put any new HD on 61.5 due to most customers dont get it. So sounds like that all HD subscribers will be able to get them.

BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Ahhh, will you folks please stop calling E* and bugging them about it, you're just wasting your's and there time, please reduce the holding time for customers that have real issues.

Just wait until May 1st and until dish announces more info, no need to jump the gun.

shanewalker

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
I would relax/wait but don't want to miss any opportunities as a 'new sub'...I'm due to be installed on May 1.

NightRyder

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
BFG said:
Ahhh, will you folks please stop calling E* and bugging them about it, you're just wasting your's and there time, please reduce the holding time for customers that have real issues.

Just wait until May 1st and until dish announces more info, no need to jump the gun.

Amen!

Repeat after me...Don't listen to the CSR..."They don't know anything"....Their supervisors "don't know anything"....A lot of times when "They don't know anything" they make up things or spread rumors received from other CSR's or customers that "Don't know anything" .....

NightRyder

d0le

d0le

Sep 19, 2004
Pittsburgh
I just called Dish Network to order the HD service through them and the CSR said I had to wait until Sunday to order because it isn't in their system yet or some BS. Does this guy know what he is talking about or should I call again to see if I get someone else?

C

CDH

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jul 28, 2004
Greenville, SC
d0le said:
I just called Dish Network to order the HD service through them and the CSR said I had to wait until Sunday to order because it isn't in their system yet or some BS. Does this guy know what he is talking about or should I call again to see if I get someone else?

This seems to be a pretty consistent response that people have been getting. I'm just going to wait until Sunday.

CDH.