Dish Expands High Definition Package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Stargazer said:
Do you really think Dish Network is going to add all of those HD channels without any extra charge? Yeah right! Also they just dont have the space at 110 yet for the HD channels but if they can manage it somehow then good for them. Maybe they were able to squeeze some channels off of 110 or compress a little more for the time being until the add the other HD channels to 129 which would be when they would require the upgrade and move all the HD channels to 129 to make room for more locals.

Yep it is I believe $5 extra to get the Voom channels, they are NOT included in the regular HD Pack.

Sigh...I think I'll check back when more official information is available and this silliness has subsided. :(

NightRyder

The package at first was only going to be offered to voom customers switching over to dish network.They said that the pak would not be offered to existing customers for now. An hour later, it was changed to the package will be offered to customers with a hdtv reciever & with a dish pointed at 61.5 for $5 a month. So even their own employees have no idea of whats going on. No word on what the west coasties are going to do. But for $5 a month, its at least a step in the right direction.

I think its crazy to only offer the package to previous VoOm subscribers and not current subscribers along with those wanting to sign up for service for the first time.

i know as an hdtv sub myself, there would be hell to pay if the channels were accessible to new people but not me. i mean if we got the right equipment & are willing to pay the money, then let us have it. what does dish possibly have to think about?

tuffnuts said:
The package at first was only going to be offered to voom customers switching over to dish network.They said that the pak would not be offered to existing customers for now. An hour later, it was changed to the package will be offered to customers with a hdtv reciever & with a dish pointed at 61.5 for $5 a month. So even their own employees have no idea of whats going on. No word on what the west coasties are going to do. But for $5 a month, its at least a step in the right direction.
TuffNuts, how about showing us exactly where you got your information. I got mine from EchoStar Communications and what I see is the 10 HD channels are being added to the existing HD package, an addition to Dish Nets current slate of HD channels. I like my factual info. a lot better.

One VERY VERY VERY stupid marketing decision if that would have been the case but it isn't. I got memo's as a retailer that we WILL be getting these channels available starting May 1, 2005 so what you heard were LIES! I am sure that the email directly from Echostar and my distributor both which reinforced what I got from Echostar earlier would not both be lies.

i, uh, know an employee that works for the dishnetwork call center. :D
when the news came about, it sounded like it was supposed to be included with the hd pak at no additional charge. that was basically what was in the press release. then it was told that only voomies would have access to this pak & an existing customer package would be offered soon. last thing , they, heard was that it would be accessible for $5 a month. but no word on if it was an introductory offer or if thats how much its going to stay. this is what they understood it as of 5 hours ago but that has probably changed again. believe me, the csr's are in the dark also.

So can this package be available for $5 without having to get the $10 HD pack? Is it a seperate package altogether or have to be purchased in addition to the current $10 HD pack?

Man I'm sorta screwed. I have a superdish and a DP34 so not enough room for another feed, kinda po'ed. I called dish and they said for 100 bucks they can setup a larger switch and a 2nd dish for me. Is it worth it?

from what was understood, the former voom customers must have the hd pak in order to get the additional channels. i assume its going to be the same for exixting customers if they are allowed to have it.

I don't believe the extra $5 so stop it :)

They will be added to the current pack (I hope :))

PILMAN said:
Man I'm sorta screwed. I have a superdish and a DP34 so not enough room for another feed, kinda po'ed. I called dish and they said for 100 bucks they can setup a larger switch and a 2nd dish for me. Is it worth it?
the 2nd dish installation includes any additional switches so you will probably get bumped to a dpp 44. more than likely with the bandwith, any more additional hd channels could be added on the 61.5 anyway. plus you get those really compelling public interest channels. :p

BFG said:
I don't believe the extra $5 so stop it :)

They will be added to the current pack (I hope :))

lol, i hope so too but either way, as long as they let me have it, i'm willing to fork out the extra scratch for some more hd (or upconverted ). anything to impress my friends . ;)

Does anyone know if it is possible to see 61.5 from North Idaho (zip 83835)????

I am moving there this summer!
I currently live in VA & have a 61.5 dish

BTW, I read elsewhere that Dish intends to MOVE the Rainbow1 to the 110 slot in the near future. That would solve the Voom 21 problem away from 61.5.

You will see those channels mirrored at 148 in the near future.

It is now confirmed that you must get the HD package to get the VoOm channels at an extra $5.00 cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)