Dish Expands High Definition Package

I read with interest and do alot of laughing out loud!!!

Guys calling CSR's about ten new HD channels being added. more laughing!

Guys asking which satellite the new channels will be on - more laughing!

And a ton of other misinformation: like the Superdish is the ultimate answer.
Most people don't even know why a superdish is actually needed.

10 New HD channels:
148 - never
61.5 - doubtful
110 - probably (they can simply use all the vacant hockey channels - lol)

And I also chuckle a bit inside when I think of all the recent Dish-Bashers that have abandoned Dish and gone to the promise land (Direct).
Have a nice journey,

fred

I sent an email to Mark Cicero the Corporate Communications Manager at Echostar Communictions Corporation and Dish Network who wrote the press release on the Dish Network website. I asked him which satellite and would they be mirroring it at 148 and how much they cost. This was at 1:19 pm today. His response to me was the usual:

"Here is the list of channels that we well be offering: RUSH HD, Gallery HD, Ultra HD, Equateor HD, MOsters HD, Animania HD, Majestic Hd, HD News and Guy Tv HD. Right now , we have no plans to mirror on 148 , but are looking at it in the future. We believe that the current satellite at 61.5 has coverage , with various geographical limitations on the west coast as of right now. As for the price, we are still working out the details for existing Dish customers, and hope to have an answer in the near future. "

Mark Cicero
Corporate Communications Manager
yada yada yada

So they don't know how much they will be charging us and they have no immediate plans to mirror the Voom channels on the 148 sat for the west coast , which they acknowledge the 61.5 sat has geographical limitations on the West coast. I think they are still making this up as they go. But something tells me we are going to Pay more for the Voom channels before they add them . :eek:

Fredinva said:
I read with interest and do alot of laughing out loud!!!

Guys calling CSR's about ten new HD channels being added. more laughing!

Guys asking which satellite the new channels will be on - more laughing!

And a ton of other misinformation: like the Superdish is the ultimate answer.
Most people don't even know why a superdish is actually needed.

10 New HD channels:
148 - never
61.5 - doubtful
110 - probably (they can simply use all the vacant hockey channels - lol)

And I also chuckle a bit inside when I think of all the recent Dish-Bashers that have abandoned Dish and gone to the promise land (Direct).
Have a nice journey,

fred

HAHAHAHAHA Amen!!!

I was actually calling about the $19.99mo 180 promo for new subs to see whether it was national (and thus include Chicago) yet. Seems no go, yet...

And asked about the added Voom channels as an aside. That's why I was a bit taken aback when the CSR responded, quite confidently, with the yes going live on May 1, and btw its a $5 premium...which was new news as far as I could tell.

Don't see anything stupid or funny about any of that. Just wanting info so I can get the best deal possible.

shanewalker said:
I was actually calling about the $19.99mo 180 promo for new subs to see whether it was national (and thus include Chicago) yet. Seems no go, yet...

And asked about the added Voom channels as an aside. That's why I was a bit taken aback when the CSR responded, quite confidently, with the yes going live on May 1, and btw its a $5 premium...which was new news as far as I could tell.

Don't see anything stupid or funny about any of that. Just wanting info so I can get the best deal possible.
If you dont have the "hd package" they have a 1/2 price promo for the first 6 months which is 5 bucks(normally 10)

MikeD-C05 said:
I sent an email to Mark Cicero the Corporate Communications Manager at Echostar Communictions Corporation ... "... we are still working out the details for existing Dish customers, and hope to have an answer in the near future."

Mark Cicero
yada yada yada

:what As an existing Dish customer, why do I suddently get VERY NERVOUS after reading that quote.

Dear God dont let this end up another case of the existing customers getting the shaft! :down

DWS44 said:
:what As an existing Dish customer, why do I suddently get VERY NERVOUS after reading that quote.

Dear God dont let this end up another case of the existing customers getting the shaft! :down

That would be a hard fast formula for loosing all your subs which I do not believe they are after that effect.

a couple of people are reporting this about needing to be a new sub to get these channels. i just can't believe dish would screw existing subs over AGAIN! and i don't use explanation marks at all!!!!!!!!!!

Scott: Great job, great news, thanks for the great site!

So far, I've read 17 pages worth of posts and I know this:

10 new HD channels starting Sunday (cool!!)

Which sat? 61.5? 148? Core sats (110/119)?

Do I need another dish to get another dish to get the 10 new channels? Yes? No? Maybe?

Do I need to pay $15/month for my HD channels now, or is it still $10/mo?

Lastly: do existing subs get the new HD channels, or only new subs? Do existing subs have to pay more for the 10 new HD channels?

I'm not going to waste my time on hold to a CSR who won't know anything useful anyway. I'll just post my questions here and await the answers from the Summit Team. :)

I'm glad I stayed with E*, whichever way it all goes.

MikeD-C05 said:
I sent an email to Mark Cicero the Corporate Communications Manager at Echostar Communictions Corporation and Dish Network who wrote the press release on the Dish Network website. I asked him which satellite and would they be mirroring it at 148 and how much they cost. This was at 1:19 pm today. His response to me was the usual:

"Here is the list of channels that we well be offering: RUSH HD, Gallery HD, Ultra HD, Equateor HD, MOsters HD, Animania HD, Majestic Hd, HD News and Guy Tv HD. Right now , we have no plans to mirror on 148 , but are looking at it in the future. We believe that the current satellite at 61.5 has coverage , with various geographical limitations on the west coast as of right now. As for the price, we are still working out the details for existing Dish customers, and hope to have an answer in the near future. "

Mark Cicero
yada yada yada

So they don't know how much they will be charging us and they have no immediate plans to mirror the Voom channels on the 148 sat for the west coast , which they acknowledge the 61.5 sat has geographical limitations on the West coast. I think they are still making this up as they go. But something tells me we are going to Pay more for the Voom channels before they add them . :eek:

Thx for Mark quote/info. Uh, I counted here 9 Voom channels. I thought there were to be 10. What's missing? .............Can anyone offer a guess when more Voon channels will be added? Not until 2006? Ouch :(

This is wonderful news for all HDTV viewers. Oh I just happen to find another crazy post I wrote awhile back. ;)

#19 12-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Jeffdbs
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I kept my 61.5 dish on-line. Always hoping for more two-channel HD programming per transponder on Dish Network. Looking forward to VOOM HD programming showing up in my Dish Network 6000 guide.

Do you really think Dish Network is going to add all of those HD channels without any extra charge? Yeah right! Also they just dont have the space at 110 yet for the HD channels but if they can manage it somehow then good for them. Maybe they were able to squeeze some channels off of 110 or compress a little more for the time being until the add the other HD channels to 129 which would be when they would require the upgrade and move all the HD channels to 129 to make room for more locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)