Dish Expands High Definition Package

Doesn't it make sense that Dish will use the Rainbow 1 bird at 61.5 to deliver this new content? After all, they purchased the rights to the transponders (11 of them I believe) just recently.

This is quite the coup for Echostar, and it puts Direct directly behind the eight ball for the next 7 to 13 months.......

I wish I did not have so much invested in Direct now...

And I'll ask this here too ... for you installer type guys: is it possible to put 2 dishes on 1 pole (110/119 + 61.5)?

Argh, this sucks rocks. I already have a SuperPot mounted to my house, now I have to add another bucket to the mix? It also means my new DP34 is already obsolete.

phaddon said:
I've done just that.....mounted the mast with u-bolts.

And it's stable and wind-resistant? Awesome.

I wonder if regular Dish installers can do this. I always get dumb looks from them whenever I suggest a pole mount. "Don't you want that on the roof?" Um, no, I really don't ....

AcuraCL said:
And it's stable and wind-resistant? Awesome.

I wonder if regular Dish installers can do this. I always get dumb looks from them whenever I suggest a pole mount. "Don't you want that on the roof?" Um, no, I really don't ....

mine was mounted on the ground and concreted..... never had a problem with wind tho.

Well Scottie it looks like we are going to be getting 14 voom channels or so my dish chat email just said....Maybe they are going to throw in HD Tennis....Bruno

I just called up retail services and believe or not, THEY HAVEN'T DETERMINED WHICH SATELLITES THE VOOM CHANNELS WILL BE BROADCAST FROM!!! You would think they would've decided that before making the announcement. Yes, it may not be necessary to mention it in a press release but should be known so that people who inquire can find it out.

AcuraCL said:
And I'll ask this here too ... for you installer type guys: is it possible to put 2 dishes on 1 pole (110/119 + 61.5)?
Here's mine:

Its a ten foot 1 5/18" pole driven about a foot into the ground and bolted to to the fence post (2 3/8"-three feet in the ground) with U-bolts. Its been that way for over 3 years. I swapped out my Dish500 for a SuperDish last fall. I have never had to repeak either or them.

Attachments

• dish_pole.JPG
    dish_pole.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 248
A Dish Installer told me that the superdish was necessary only in the Northeast. Is the 61.5 one of the 3 satellites that the superdish is aimed for?

I don't think they anybody was hiding information from me. The CSR asked like 5 people if they knew which satellite the VOOMs were coming from any nobody knew. I wouldn't think the location of the channels would be something that they would conceal until the last minute. That's more like the pricing of deals and stuff.

It makes sense that Rainbow 1 is going to 110 in that there would be less people needing larger dishes or an additional dish. I dont think having additional channels on the wings is all that bad as long as most people will accept this. This would help in that all that bandwidth at the wings would end up being used. Now we know that 157 could be put to good use for the west coast.

The SuperDish is for the entire continental U.S. The 61.5 slot is for the east coast and 148 along with 157 which may be used in the future as well is for the west coast. There are two versions of the SuperDish and they are the 105 SuperDish using 105, 110, 119 and 121 SuperDish using 110, 119, 121. SuperDish uses slots in which we call conus which means it covers the entire U.S. The reason why we have 105 and 121 is due to the fact that there is only so much room for the locals at each slot so they have some markets use one slot and other markets use another slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts