Dish Expands High Definition Package

Tom in TX said:
I don't understand how it is obsolete, when I can view all available HD programming offered. Is there some mpeg4 programming that I am missing out on? I bought (yes, paid for) my unit, and I did so because I want to be able to view HD content, and do it with a DVR unit. And that is exactly what I am enjoying now. So, I still miss your point that the 942 is now obsolete!!
Tom in TX

Nevermind !

The problem currently is getting a CSR to ADD channels. At least they are now acknowledging them!!
I called 800-WOW-HDTV, & told to call 800-333-DISH. I called 800-333-DISH & said to call back tomorrow to 800-WOW-HDTV?????????????????????????
It looks like we have to wait until tomorrow & CALL someone to get them added!!

The problem currently is getting a CSR to ADD channels. At least they are now acknowledging them!!
I called 800-WOW-HDTV, & told to call 800-333-DISH. I called 800-333-DISH & said to call back tomorrow to 800-WOW-HDTV?????????????????????????
It looks like we have to wait until tomorrow & CALL someone to get them added!!

Fgsilva said:
Called again. CSR doesn't know anything about new channels... :confused: I even told her that some people are getting emails about the addition of those channels tomorrow!!! What if this is a plot from dish to make people (like me :D ) to run and reactivate their 811 + HD package???? :eek: And then tomorrow and May 1st comes and the year ends and NO NEW HD???????

Voom has it posted on there on screen menu to call Dish and order.
They are also scrolling on the bottom of there programs that same info also.
May ,1 is the date they give. :)

mekp21 said:
Now how much of this thread is actually confirmed. I've read anything from only for voom customers to everyone, I've read from almost all birds, And a price from included to $15. how many people have actually heard from the horses mouth what is the truth? If its speculation then keep it to yourself we will all find out on Sunday if it comes on or not.

I personally will be ready to put up a dish for 61.5 but prolly wont till sunday afternoon if I need it.

I've been checking here almost religiously (spelling?) for the past year and have read so many different things its ridiculous. There are some people here that report what is actually going on but I've noticed there are some who just post opinion and seem to get offended when someone contradicts them.

I will still come here but have become disappointed by the lack of knowledge from some people.

A year and only one post?
Humm :confused:

Hah .. Yes it is confirmed that these will be off of 61.5... not sure if that will mean using rainbow - 1 or echo3, or something else thats moving there but hey... its certainly 61.5 as per a press release internal to dish.. i will put up here...

URGENT PROGRAMMING UPDATE

VOOM HD

All,

Effective Sunday, May 1, 2005, DISH Network will expand its high-definition television offering by adding 10 original VOOM HD networks at the 61.5 orbital position. These networks, which are outlined below, will give viewers a high-def experience in such entertainment categories as science fiction, fashion, travel, music concerts and more.

In order to access these channels, customers must have a model 811, 921, 6000u or a 6000 with the HD enhanced adapter and an antenna pointed to 61.5.

Pricing: $5.00 per month. Please note that customers must subscribe to the HD Pak priced at $9.99 in order to subscribe to VOOM.

The VOOM Channels and descriptions are as follows:

9470: Rave HD

Call Letters: RAVE

This channel should be played loud. RAVE HD is the first and only music channel dedicated to delivering a larger than life concert experience in crystal clear hi-definition

9471: Equator HD

Call Letters: EQUTR

Explore the world's most intriguing people and places with intelligent travel, nature, and cultural programs. Hear people of the world in their own words, and visit extraordinary landscapes that speak for themselves. Also, check out global classics, award-winners and cinema from the world's emerging film-makers with movies such as Cinema Paradiso and Amelie.

9472: Gallery HD

Call Letters: GLLRY

GALLERY HD is the first and only hi-definition visual arts channel, capturing the passion, madness and struggle to create exhibited by the most interesting artists on the planet. GALLERY HD also provides live HD coverage of prominent sales from the world's preeminent auction houses.

9474: Animania HD

Call Letters: ANIMA

Big. Wide. Fun. ANIMANIA HD offers cutting-edge series like Pet Alien, Ratz and Flatmania as well as remastered favorites like Pink Panther, Mr. Magoo and Felix the Cat. With award-winning series, specials and shorts, cartoon worlds take on astonishing depth and detail. This is animation like you've never seen it before.

9476: Rush HD

Call Letters: RUSH

Life on the Edge. Not your typical sports channel - RUSH HD takes you to the heart of extreme action sports, and delivers HD footage of sporting events from around the world, including Spanish Premiere Soccer League coverage.

9478: Ultra HD

Call Letters: ULTRA

Immerse yourself in the worlds of fashion, beauty and style. ULTRA HD delivers unparalleled coverage of the fashion industry's hottest events, news, trends and designers.

9479: Guy TV HD

Call Letters: GUYTV

Finally, TV for the Average Joe. All the movies that men love, across a variety of genres - from war movies to westerns, and crime movies to comedies.

9480: Majestic HD

Call Letters: MJSTC

Discover Hollywood's rich movie making heritage with classic movies that look crisper and more defined than ever before.

9481: Monsters HD

Call Letters: MNSTR

It's alive! Monster movies are brought to life like never before on MONSTERS HD. From Frankenstein to Freddy, Godzilla to Jason, this monstrous mix of horror, thriller and sci-fi features blood-curdling clarity and spine-tingling sound.

9482: HD News

Call Letters: HDNWS

The only 24/7 national news source in hi-definition. HD NEWS offers headlines, sports, in-depth features and weather supported by 5 regional news bureaus along with the nation's top photojournalists.

Please pass this information along to the appropriate personnel.

-Bounty :)

Bountykiller said:
Hah .. Yes it is confirmed that these will be off of 61.5... not sure if that will mean using rainbow - 1 or echo3, or something else thats moving there but hey... its certainly 61.5 as per a press release internal to dish.. i will put up here...

URGENT PROGRAMMING UPDATE

VOOM HD

All,

Effective Sunday, May 1, 2005, DISH Network will expand its high-definition television offering by adding 10 original VOOM HD networks at the 61.5 orbital position. These networks, which are outlined below, will give viewers a high-def experience in such entertainment categories as science fiction, fashion, travel, music concerts and more.

In order to access these channels, customers must have a model 811, 921, 6000u or a 6000 with the HD enhanced adapter and an antenna pointed to 61.5.

What, no model 942?

Smith said:
The 10 channels seen in EPG of 6000/8PSK connected to 61.5 dish, reported signal level is zero. I've heard that from other reliable person.

The signal level will stay 0 until CVC has R-1 broadcast in a format that the 6000 can understand. Dish receivers use the DVB format. CVC is not using that format right now on the VOOM boxes, so the 6000 does not see a signal at all. The signal bar on the receivers is not a raw signal strength as a radio wave but as recieved programming stream with error correction factored in (i.e. the more error correction needed the weaker it will show on the graph).

Tahoerob said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to see 61.5 from North Idaho (zip 83835)????

I am moving there this summer!

Yes, you can see 61.5 from Northern Idaho (83854). I had Voom and I'm in 83854 zip. However, there are a lot of factors because you are in Northern Idaho. Mountains....lots and lots of very tall pine trees....more mountains....more trees....

keno said:
Yes, you can see 61.5 from Northern Idaho (83854). I had Voom and I'm in 83854 zip. However, there are a lot of factors because you are in Northern Idaho. Mountains....lots and lots of very tall pine trees....more mountains....more trees....

Thanks! The house we are getting is on east side of Avondale Lake. The area immediately around house is cleared. So I should be able to get a LOS of anything. Hopefully, they will mirror on 148 by then!!

npep said:
Thanks...now anyone really want to rate these channels? Are they any good? Just filler? Worth watching at all?

Here is my rating:

RUSH HD - extreme sports - "POOR" – Too many bicycles, not really “sports”.
Gallery HD - Art, sometimes classical music – “OK if you’re into gallery Art”
Rave HD - Concerts (rock, pop, jazz) - GOOD – Good concerts on this channel
Ultra HD – fashion – Never Watched It.
Equator HD – travel – Very Good. If you like Discovery HD.
Monsters HD - monster movies – Very Good. Some interesting movies
Animania HD – cartoons – Poor – Not interesting
Majestic HD - other movies – This is the “GAY” channel – Not into this
HD News - 24 hour news service - Good – Repeats too much.
Guy TV HD - movies (sometimes Westerns, etc) – Good - Really old movies.

Bountykiller said:
9480: Majestic HD

Call Letters: MJSTC

Discover Hollywood's rich movie making heritage with classic movies that look crisper and more defined than ever before.

Couldn't stop laughing over this description. This is the "GAY" channel. Voom used to have drag queens hosting this channel and introducing the movies. The movies were of the homosexual nature and mirrored the lifestyles of the Gay community. There is nothing wrong with this channel...but "movie making heritage?"

keno said:
Here is my rating:

RUSH HD - extreme sports - "POOR" – Too many bicycles, not really “sports”.
Gallery HD - Art, sometimes classical music – “OK if you’re into gallery Art”
Rave HD - Concerts (rock, pop, jazz) - GOOD – Good concerts on this channel
Ultra HD – fashion – Never Watched It.
Equator HD – travel – Very Good. If you like Discovery HD.
Monsters HD - monster movies – Very Good. Some interesting movies
Animania HD – cartoons – Poor – Not interesting
Majestic HD - other movies – This is the “GAY” channel – Not into this
HD News - 24 hour news service - Good – Repeats too much.
Guy TV HD - movies (sometimes Westerns, etc) – Good - Really old movies.
keno said:
Couldn't stop laughing over this description. This is the "GAY" channel. Voom used to have drag queens hosting this channel and introducing the movies. The movies were of the homosexual nature and mirrored the lifestyles of the Gay community. There is nothing wrong with this channel...but "movie making heritage?"
The Gay channel is not being carried by Dish YET. The name of the gay/lesbian channel is Divine. Majestic is more of the OLD movies, mostly in b&w and FilmFest isn't much different other than that the goal was to carry mainly academy award winners and more modern moves compared to Majestic.

LOL! Well Im going to waite now Dish is saying you half to pay 100 bucks for a second dish which is stupid. Due to in the future you will not need one once things get on MPEG4 so waste if money and regulations say that Satellite Companys should only need one dish for their Customers. Which is true with the new MPEG4 in the future there is no need for them to do this. But for now I guess they half to do it this way which is stupid since most HD subscribers might half to for a extra dish. Oh one more thing I was told that the Voom HD pack was going to cost a extra $14 so I dont know about the $5 bucks. Either way rates have already gone up once and in the future everyone will or is going to halfto shell money for MPEG4 Receiver so I dont know will half to waite and see. Seems like folks are going to half to shell out more money in the near future.

Sounds great but I believe the bulk of the E* HD users really don't care about that content. I guess i will have to see what their content is before i cancel.

This was taken from the EKB @ DBSTalk. The 10 Voom channals will be on Rainbow-1 @ 61.5. They are not currently mirrored to any other slot. No conformation of price. Unfortunatley CSR's are script readers and could not give you, an ounce of valuable information of currents events outside thier scripts. You must wait until it happens and some will not have the correct information. I think we need to wait until Scott and his team give us an update from Team Summit.

Rave HD (8PSK) RAVE 9470 3 61.5° R1
Equator HD (8PSK) EQUTR 9471 7 61.5° R1
Gallery HD (8PSK) GLLRY 9472 1 61.5° R1
Animania HD (8PSK) ANIMA 9474 7 61.5° R1
Rush HD (8PSK) RUSH 9476 1 61.5° R1
Ultra HD (8PSK) ULTRA 9478 5 61.5° R1
Guy TV HD (8PSK) GUYTV 9479 3 61.5° R1
Majestic HD (8PSK) MJSTC 9480 1 61.5° R1
Monster HD (8PSK) MNSTR 9481 5 61.5° R1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts