DISH FIRST TO OFFER TV SERIES IN 1080P RESOLU

Good post (theoak)! I just noticed that the third episode is now available in 1080p (maybe). I don't know if I want to go through the anticipation and disapointment again, not to mention another 24 hrs. of download time. I think I will wait this one out.

You should be able to download this in a few hours. The best speed I can get is about 1.5mbs, wireless broadband, Clearwire. I can't get anything else but satellite.

Maybe if those contributing to this thread ... if you have not done so already ... should send an email to Dish concerning the lack of 1080P ... perhaps the issue will get solved soon ... if we are luck before the season is over ... ;)

Here is the the link.

It also helps if you have the following information:

Account Number:
Phone Number:
(Hitting info twice on your remote will get you the details of the below 4.)
Receiver Model:
Software Version:
Receiver CA ID:
Smart Card CA ID:

Edit:

If you do not have the above information ... that is fine ... still send in the email ... they will eventually ask for it though ... at least if the email gets sent in, it might start raising some flags over there ... :flag:

...When I watched it (pilot), the picture would break up and loose sound for about two seconds. This happened 40 times within the 40 minute show...

Ep100: 40 glitches
Ep101: 38 glitches
Ep102: 32 glitches & they've added commercial breaks!

This experiment is worthless. No 1080p and unwatchable because of these glitches, now with commercial breaks!

Last edited:
Just downloaded 102 (episode 3) and watched the first 30 seconds ... still no 1080p. The download happened like in 6 hours though ...

Just watched all of 101 (episode 2) ... not near as many glitches ... maybe 10.

So ... there is hope ... they just need to get the 1080p think figured out. Looks like I need to send in another email to Dish about no 1080p for episode 3.

Commercial breaks in VOD? Wow, I'm glad I ALREADY thought the whole concept was a crock.

At least in The Beast, there have been no commercials. The episodes have been around 50 minutes plus or minus. That is one good thing ... you don't have to skip through commercials ... Dish is just kind enough to place skips and audio drops in the program for you automatically ;)

Well not finding a simple option on hooking up the DISH DVR to the Internet like ordering the wireless adapter (WGA600N) from D* that I just did having both services, I decided to order a 100 foot RJ45 patch cable from Amazon for $25. Hooking it to my Internet AT&T 2 Wire Gateway I just ran the cable from it to the back of the VIP622 to see what would happen!

Completed the process and picked "The Beast" to down load. It took 9 hours and 45 minutes and I could not figure anyway to view it till an "On-Line" notice popped up that said my download was ready to be viewed. My speeds were 1.07to 127 MB/s.
Have not watched only (previously recorded and watched however) a few minutes of it but picture is not any better than regular 1080I and set says it it is only 1080I NOT 1080P. Maybe I chose the wrong episode?

Since this setup worked and did not want to break our necks tripping over this cable running from room to room, I installed it today, running it in the attic. Nothing else to buy and proved to be much cheaper than the wireless kit I bought and installed on my DirecTV DVR and could not have been simpler.

This might be a feature I will want to use in the future but not really now. At the cost of just the cable it is an investment in the future.

I have downloaded all 3 of the series and they have all been in 1080P. It was 1080p 24fps from the first day it was available.

All my downloads since the beginning of this feature have been in 1080p at 24fps. I have not had any 1080p problem.

All my downloads since the beginning of this feature have been in 1080p at 24fps...

Since this person appears to be the only one to get it in 1080p, I think we should ask for a screenshot as proof:D

rwalsh-
Please with the title of the show on the screen, press the info button on your Tv remote (so that 1080p/24 pops up). Now take a nice big photograph of the entire screen and post it here.

Pictures if "The Beast" in 1080P

Since this person appears to be the only one to get it in 1080p, I think we should ask for a screenshot as proof:D

rwalsh-
Please with the title of the show on the screen, press the info button on your Tv remote (so that 1080p/24 pops up). Now take a nice big photograph of the entire screen and post it here.

I am sorry you don't believe me!! Here you Are: IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

Someone here brought up that dish might really sending 1080i/60 and since your set can accept 1080p/24 & 60 it just reports 1080p, while most sets report 1080i.

Don't be sorry. Please just share your secret config with everyone else here.

Someone here brought up that dish might really sending 1080i/60 and since your set can accept 1080p/24 & 60 it just reports 1080p, while most sets report 1080i.

Don't be sorry. Please just share your secret config with everyone else here.

NO! Every other Movie or Etc. displays 1080i where you see 1080p. I also seen the same when using the DOD movie(1080p) i watched last week.

^^ Sorry I should have clarified... Here's the theory for ya:
1080/60i Standard 1080i output of 722 for regular HD content.
1080/30p Possibly what 722 ouputs for The Beast if detects a Tv that accepts it (like yours). This could explain why all other users can't get it to work (not many Tv's accept this format because it's so unusual).
1080/24p Standard 1080p output of 722 for 1080p VOD movies (compatible with more Tv's because it's the Bluray standard).

We could finally solve this mystery if only your Tv could indicate if it's a 24p or 30p signal. Why dish would use 30p is an entirely different question, unless it's by accident.

The first two times I downloaded "The Beast" it was 1080i, last week I downloaded again (after getting L617) and it came in as 1080p. Unfortunately, my TV does not say whether 24 or 30. I don't know if L617 had anything to do with it or not, but, after receiving it I got the download in 1080p.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts