DISH Four Tuner USB OTA Adapter Rumor

Always have to one up DirecTV right? DirecTV has been shipping out lots of LCC (2 tuner OTA USB adapters paired with a Winegard FL5500 amplified mouse pad style antenna). Since Nexstar and CBS disputes, so many of these are going out, I’m sure the competition (Dish) is well aware and will come up with something better. It should have internal amplification to overcome losses splitting 4 ways though).

At Team Summit Dish announced a 4 Tuner for their Air TV. People are speculating that the 4 Tuner for the Air TV could possibly work on the Hopper receivers since the dual Air TV tuner works on the Hopper receivers. Personally, I don’t believe that it will work on the Dish Hopper receivers. We will have to wait and see once it is released. I believe that the single Air TV tuner does not work on the Hopper receivers but the dual tuner does work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

At Team Summit Dish announced a 4 Tuner for their Air TV. People are speculating that the 4 Tuner for the Air TV could possibly work on the Hopper receivers since the dual Air TV tuner works on the Hopper receivers. Personally, I don’t believe that it will work on the Dish Hopper receivers. We will have to wait and see once it is released. I believe that the single Air TV tuner does not work on the Hopper receivers but the dual tuner does work.

Thanks dweber. We have a little hope it might work.

Reactions: TheKrell

Hello dweber. You're absolutely correct. It is very likely that the 4 tuner OTA Adapter wouldn't be compatible with our Hopper receivers. Sadly, we don't have any announcements if/when one would be available for our Hoppers. -Caleb S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts