Dish/Fox Resolve Dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
who cares.
This thing was doomed from the start..
If anyone thinks the networks were going to sit by and watch as ads were being skipped and then have the ad execs blistering their cell phones, screaming "what are you going to do about it!", they aren't paying attention
Autohop is playing out exactly we all predicted, as negotiation fodder.

It has provided a good marketing feature(still does, even if slightly misleading now), and the lawsuits have been great publicity for Dish.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Charlie likes paying the networks less while charging us the same though. Guess who really "won"?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The hell with negotiation tool. I like it and want it back.
My wife would agree.

Personally "skip 6 times" is so reflexive, I prefer to have AutoHop off. Otherwise AutoHop skips the commercial and I end up skipping 3 minutes of content.

Charlie likes paying the networks less while charging us the same though. Guess who really "won"?

So would you rather absorb the cost of what the networks deem "just" without the delay stipulation?

Last edited:
Doesn't Comcast's X1 whatever it's called have an ability to skip commercials with just one push of the remote? The idea of waiting anytime to watch a big 4 broadcast just so I don't have to push skip just seems stupid.

Its not laziness, its that in my case I do other stuff while "watching" so I am usually not any where near the remote when the commercials come on.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It really doesn't effect me any. I watch absolutely nothing from the four networks so I have practically never used it. As matter of fact what few shows that I have watched that have it, I always try to fast forward the adverts on my own.

Its not laziness, its that in my case I do other stuff while "watching" so I am usually not any where near the remote when the commercials come on.

Same here. I have a digital wireless headset that I use just about all day long. I am usually doing something around the house so no telling where I might be listening to TV. Lot of times I might even be outside in the yard working on something. I have remotes laying around all over the place like reading glasses so I can skip commercials. AutoHop is a big help.

Well actually, it's more like 7-10 times, but I'm not here to quibble. Your point stands true!
I think the commercial time is all over the place now days. Sometimes might need 1 to 2 skips and sometimes might be 7 or more. The standard 6 skips is not the norm anymore. I usually end up having to back up which is APITA to me. I am really having AutoHop withdrawals! :mad:

So carriage rates didn't go up with any of the recent agreements?

So would you rather absorb the cost of what the networks deem "just" without the delay stipulation?
So carriage rates didn't go up with any of the recent agreements?
It's all a shell game. We'll never know if the rates went up or down. Maybe in concession for dropping Autohop, FOX could have a) lowered rates, b) maintained rates, c) got a small increase, or d) got the full increase they wanted initially. We'd like to think it was either "a" or "b", of course.

IMO, if you can't press 30 second skip three or four times, your pretty damn lazy.
Your comment misses the point, which is we are losing a feature that we were sold by DISH. Many that use it like it. Not that we can't press the skip button, but the precision of Auto Hop coming in at the beginning of the show and skipping between scenes during commercials is slick and addictive. You always find yourself skipping past the start and then back etc which is just annoying after getting used to Auto Hop, a feature Dish sold us and then scaled back on. In the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal, but not having it until the 8th day is annoying to those that like to use it. I am not too lazy to press the button, I prefer Auto Hopping.