Dish/Fox Sports 1 NCAA Football Dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When your company is based in Denver, you don't blackout the Colorado/Colorado State game.

My concern is that it's a special deal for that 1 game but it does say "The Dish Network and Fox Sports 1, the cable arm of Fox Sports that premiered nationally 13 months ago, have reached a financial agreement regarding college-football coverage." in the article which seems more genralized.

$60 + $32 + $32 = $134

Now if only 10 people got that Dish is already losing a grand cause of this.

Theory: Our rates don't go up cause of channel prices but because so many people get credits and discounted/free premiums. Request less free stuff and our rates won't rise! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the record, I didn't "request" free anything . . . I called and complained about the blackout and they threw free stuff at me (it sounded like standard procedure on their end for anyone upset about the fight with FOX). They gave me Starz and Showtime . . . and I probably won't even watch them but whatever. They can have that stuff back - I'm just glad this is done (for now!). It's football season!

Sorry, I'm not interested is circumstance or applying for a job at Dish. I want the channels that were promised me when I renewed my contract back in March. FS1 didn't have an asterix next to it that said "maybe/maybe not". I pay Dish to figure this out. We all pay them a lot of money every month to figure it out.

Direct and Comcast are not having this problem. If Dish were much cheaper than them, I would understand the rationale for the blackout. There really isn't that much of a price difference amongst all these providers, yet it seems like lately Dish is the one with all the drama. Maybe they should hire the negotiating team away from DirecTV.
All Pay subscription providers have in their language the following disclaimer : Prices and programming subject to change without notice"..
We are not paying for specific channels. We are paying for an AMOUNT Of channels.
On the pricing/per subscriber issue, I cannot disagree with you.

Now that is a very good response and I agree with everything you just said. Sadly, I just don't see it happening. I like the response you gave this time much better because it doesn't just single out one provider. This issue goes beyond Dish, it's an industry wide problem and I agree that it needs to be changed. I'm not sure how it will be changed though.
The simple answer is Pay per view.
I don't think that is realistic. And here's why. The sports programmers would never stand for it. The reason is they realize a quick nickel ( spreading a per subscriber fee across all XX million subscribers)is better than the slow dollar( charging a fee for event and try to sell it to what will certainly be a much smaller audience).
Not only that, it would be impossible to sell advertising that defrays the cost of broadcasting, setup and labor. Without a guaranteed amount of dollars inbound from advertisers, it would be impossible to budget the cost of the broadcast and the logistics of the operation.
I am thinking that sports programming will eventually be "forced" on to a separate tier.

I'm getting used to these yearly pissing matches. It's DISH's attitude about how you can watch other games instead that irks the crap out of me. It's like when your mom tries to set up a play date with the weird kid down the street and says, "Look he has toys, you like toys... you'll get along." His toys suck mom, I want mine.

If my team is playing on Fox Sports 1, I do not care that I can watch the SEC play on the SEC network, do not care I can watch the PAC-12 games on the PAC-12 channel.

And why is it JUST college football!?? Because they have no unions to tell Fox they can't do that? Think the UFC or MLB would put up with Fox cutting off their broadcasts?

This just sucks all the way around.
Unions have nothing to do with it.
And let's be clear. Fox is not cutting off anything.
The fact is, there is no agreement. And in the absence of an agreement, Dish does not have the legal right to distribute the programming.

I am so glad that FOX lost their takeover bid for Time/Warner.

I have DISH for TV but my internet pipe is via Oceanic Time/Warner.

Using the same logic as FS1, they could possibly say, " you have internet connectivity, but you will need to pay extra to access websites"!!!!!!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
" you have internet connectivity, but you will need to pay extra to access websites"!!!!!!"
If the ISP's get their way, that is precisely what will happen

All Pay subscription providers have in their language the following disclaimer : Prices and programming subject to change without notice"..
We are not paying for specific channels. We are paying for an AMOUNT Of channels.
On the pricing/per subscriber issue, I cannot disagree with you.

Of course they have their legalese. But like the original poster stated he wants it figured out. He wants to know what is on and when. That is why he pays for these services. In few other industries does the customer get caught in the middle of these disputes between end provider and distributer. Imagine if the guy who owned the cows stopped shipping milk to the store because the store wouldn't pay more....do we get the customer in the middle of this issue? NO, we don't. This industry and its greed is freaking ridiculous.

For the record, I didn't "request" free anything . . . I called and complained about the blackout and they threw free stuff at me (it sounded like standard procedure on their end for anyone upset about the fight with FOX). They gave me Starz and Showtime . . . and I probably won't even watch them but whatever. They can have that stuff back - I'm just glad this is done (for now!). It's football season!

Wernt talking about you specifically in my joke theory. Was more so the whole "ask a CSR and you will receive" culture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything about Baylor-SMU? Also, FWIW I chatted with Dish online and they offered me $15/month for 6 months. Not bad.

I can't find the official release but it's in this article
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews...o-longer-be-blacked-out-on-dish-network.html/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug. 27, 2014 –DISH is now in a position to deliver the full programming lineup of Fox Sports 1, including the college football games kicking off on August 28, to DISH customers with America’s Top 200 programming package and above. The following statement is attributable to Josh Clark, DISH vice president of programming:

“We are proud to deliver the most college football anywhere, at the best possible value.”

The following games will be available this week to DISH customers receiving Fox Sports 1:

Rutgers vs. Washington State, Aug. 28, 10:00 p.m. ET

Colorado State vs. Colorado, Aug. 29, 9:00 p.m. ET

North Dakota State vs. Iowa State, Aug. 30, 12:00 p.m. ET

SMU vs. Baylor, Aug. 31, 7:30 p.m. ET

Note: The onscreen programming guide will update for customers overnight tonight and game events will be visible by

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts