DISH gets FCC Approval

On one hand, if Dish were to partner with Sprint, they would get to making money off their spectrum pretty fast by basically just renting out their spectrum for use on Sprint. On the other hand, partnering with Google would result in a slower gains realization.

That said, I'm not an expert, but intuitively, I'd think that if partnering with Sprint, Dish will make a smaller percentage than if they partnered with Google, not to mention how absolute cutting-edge their network would be, which would be great for everyone.

Go Dish! Team Google! (who wants to make T-shirts?)

What if Dish just bought out one of the small cell phone companies, Charlie has Billions saved up. He could pulled this off. Plus he has the Blockbuster stores to sell the phones in.

What if Dish just bought out one of the small cell phone companies, Charlie has Billions saved up. He could pulled this off. Plus he has the Blockbuster stores to sell the phones in.
Define "small". Got examples of carriers you think qualify as being one that Dish could buy?

DISH Statement on AWS-4 Spectrum Decision

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) issued the following statement attributable to Jeff Blum, DISH senior vice president and deputy general counsel:

"The FCC has removed outdated regulations and granted terrestrial flexibility for most of the AWS-4 band. We appreciate the hard work and focus of the FCC and its staff throughout this process. The Commission has taken an important step toward facilitating wireless competition and innovation, and fulfilling the goals of the National Broadband Plan. Following a more thorough review of the order and its technical details, DISH will consider its strategic options and the optimal approach to put this spectrum to use for the benefit of consumers."

I'm hoping a new player in the wireless market like Google can shake things up, which is sorely needed with current data and plan rates.

I wonder if they will come out with the new "Dish Phone" or even better the New "Charlie Phone". :)

Let's see, we have the Hopper and Joey, maybe the new line of phones will be the Kookaburra or Koala.

Just got this in from SeekingAlpha.

The FCC has voted 3-2 to allow Dish Network (DISH) to use 40MHz. of spectrum to offer 4G services, sources tell Multichannel News. As expected, Dish will have to cap its power output for the portion of the spectrum that's near an adjacent band, in order to address interference worries. Now comes the tough part for Dish: deciding whether to spend billions to build a network on its own, or to partner with a Sprint or perhaps even a Google.
Vote was 5-0. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-service-wins-approval-by-u-s-regulators.html

Let's see, we have the Hopper and Joey, maybe the new line of phones will be the Kookaburra or Koala.

I think they need to go with a bee theme,they communicate pretty good wireless.The black jacket,the wasp.lol

Yet, they continue to have Samsung, LG, and Asus manufacture their Nexus-branded products.

The big issue with Phone manufacturing is that they have to create multiple versions of the same phone to work on all the proprietary networks. Thats the reason Nexus 4 only words on GSM .. it's an easily accessed network.

Verizon uses two networks at the same time on any of the 4G phones.. CDMA for Voice and 3G and LTE for 4G.
Google made a decision to skip Big Red because Verizon is the very expensive, very proprietary Frankenstein of the industry.

GSM stands for "Global System for Mobile" .. it's the most widely used system in the world... so it's a lot less expensive for Google to develop phones for the majority of the world and pay someone else to develop phones that run their OPEN SOURCE OS to push their product in those more challenging micro-environments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)