Dish getting pricey

So, what is the best way to complain to Dish about this stuff? I spoke with a representative regarding my bill a while back and she basically told me the terms had changed, that they hadn't raised prices in two years, that a price increase was due, they were no longer giving me a receiver credit, and were now charging me double for my 722k. I told her all of my complaints in a reasonable fashion and didn't blame her, but I doubt that my concerns will ever be heard by anyone else...

So, what is the best way to complain to Dish about this stuff? I spoke with a representative regarding my bill a while back and she basically told me the terms had changed, that they hadn't raised prices in two years, that a price increase was due, they were no longer giving me a receiver credit, and were now charging me double for my 722k. I told her all of my complaints in a reasonable fashion and didn't blame her, but I doubt that my concerns will ever be heard by anyone else...

keep posting your complaints and dissatisfaction on the internet, but ultimately mass cancellations are the only thing that will wake this company up.

according to one recent survey, dish was doing pretty well in terms of customer satisfaction

Satisfaction in Cable Lags - WSJ.com

that survey is kind of shocking to me, but this forum is definitely only a small vocal portion of the Dish customer base.

My question to the OP, is what compelling content is keeping you with Dish? Why THREE services??? A bit of overkill wouldn't you say? And I would think expensive to boot.

What is stopping you from just dropping Dish and getting the equivalent on Direct, since you already use them for your sports pkgs???

If you went to D*, to get the same functionality you would need a total of 4 receivers, which would be an equipment cost of $15 vice the $17 you are paying now. .
Not true, with E* duo receiver both rooms can't record and watch live tv at the same time.
Where as with a seperate receiver can .

You would need 4 Vip 612 to have the same functionality as a 4 room D* HD DVR system. That would run you $30

Dish doesn't care if you drop programing. They will make money from your equipment fees. That is the one reason why i left DISH I was paying 46 dollars ( 2 722 622 612) before any programing. Yes I used the DVR's (owned two of them) between my wife and kids we used then. I kinda laugh when people really think they are going to hurt DISH by downgrading programing. They found a way to make money and not have to share it with programing providers. Every company has a right to make as much profit as they can and Charlie is one of the best. Every consumer also has the right to say when enough is enough. So buck up and pay or walk away and say enough is enough. No hard feelings Charlie.......... you will have plenty left who complain but take no action.

Any one want a 612 or 622?

The best way to lower your price is to speak with your pocketbook, I have read that a few who had AEP dropped AEP once the DVR fees were no longer waived. I know for me in the past when I dropped preimums and such I did not miss them, but to each there own. If you getting everything, expect to pay a hefty penny!

I like the 10 dollar HD channels ( epix 1@2, Indie, Retro, BBCHD)

Id love to get my bill down to 70 dollar range. Im sure its immpossible..

I dont want to drop to Americas 120..thats bare bones.

Well, it is possible to get down to the $70 range. However, it is probably not what you would want. Unfortunately, it seems that cable and satellite will continue to get the price they want because we as consumers keep paying the increased fees. We are all guilty...However, I do blame greedy companies as well, and some of the blame should probably be placed on the channels that want more money as well....

One option is:

*922 DVR $ 0.00 (included in base price)
*722 DVR $17.00
*DVR Fee $10.00 (due to the 922)
*HD Platinum $10.00
*Dish America (with locals) $29.99 (would likely lose HD for Life)
SUBTOTAL $66.99 [...and that is if you do not have the $6 protection plan...goes for the rest of options as well] (actually below the 70ish range)

You could even add on the Encore Movies (not sure if you like those...) for $5.00:
*Encore Movies $5.00 (Note: I believe it excludes 340 Encore East and 347 Encore WAM. You may want to check, but I am pretty sure it includes 341 Encore West, 342 Encore Westerns, 343 Encore Action, 344 Encore Mystery, 345 Encore Drama, and 346 Encore Love)
SUBTOTAL $71.99 (70ish range still)

I know that you said you did not want America's Top 120 because that is bare bones. However, with the equipment fees it seems that would even make the bill over $70. Also, not that BBC America is not part of the Platinum package (to my knowledge anyway). This is basically if you want to keep all your equipment.

Dish America includes according to the PDF one forum that is stickied: your locals, A & E HD, Cartoon Network East HD, CNBC HD, CNN HD, Comedy Central HD, Discovery HD, ESPN HD, ESPN 2 HD, Food Network HD, HD Theater (also in Platinum HD), HDNet, HGTV HD, History HD, Lifetime HD, Palladia HD (also in Platinum HD), Syfy HD, Spike TV HD, TBS HD, TLC HD, TNT HD, Travel Channel HD, USA Network HD, The Weather Channel HD, and CMT HD.
[Note: ABC Family HD, Disney East HD, and ESPNews HD are not included at this time due to the dispute. I am not even sure if the SD feeds have been made available to these customers.]
I figure that is 24 channels. It may make America's Top 120 look good to you. At least the channels are in HD....

You may want to consider dropping a receiver. You would have two options: either the 922 or 722. My guess is that you probably paid for the 922; so, you probably would not want to do that.

Option 2 (dropping the 922--probably will not want to do that since you probably paid for it):
722 DVR $ 0.00 (included in base price)
DVR Fee $ 7.00
HD Platinum $10.00
America's Top 200 $54.99
HD 200 Free $0.00
SUBTOTAL $71.99 (Well, 70ish range...)

Option 3 (dropping the 722--maybe you did not pay for this one....)
922 DVR $ 0.00 (included in base price)
DVR Fee $ 10.00 (due to the 922)
HD Platinum $10.00
America's Top 200 $54.99
HD 200 Free $0.00
SUBTOTAL $74.99 (Well, 70ish range...)

There are other options such as considering America's Top 120, but you said you did not want that. There is also, America's Top 120 Plus (that is just including the RSNs...), Dish America Silver for $44.99 (not sure if that is well worth that...I mean Dish America is $29.99.....), Dish America Gold for $54.99 (again, not sure if that is well worth it since it is only the HD channels.....could easily be subbed in options 2 and 3 for America's Top 200).

Let us know what you decide to do even if it is not one of these options. I really hope that this helps you. :D

I did attach the Focus on Dish file for easy access.

Attachments

• Focus On DISH Network HD.pdf
    119.5 KB · Views: 103
OP,
You may want to also try this:
Echostar Pricing Calculator
However, the HD only packs are not listed, but that is not surprising. I am not sure why E* is so secretive about the HD only packs; the only way to know about them is on the account page or on here. :D

My question to the OP, is what compelling content is keeping you with Dish? Why THREE services??? A bit of overkill wouldn't you say? And I would think expensive to boot.

What is stopping you from just dropping Dish and getting the equivalent on Direct, since you already use them for your sports pkgs???

Good question,

Dish has always been my home unit. Entire house uses.
4 tvs in use with 2 dish dvrs.
I was a very happy dish sub until 2 years ago they took down Voom.
Then pricing started to increase.

Plus dish giving and taking channels away at will. I just hate that!
Smithsonian??

Enter Uverse: We have a bundled deal. Cell, phone(home), Internet Tv.
We get a nice discount through my wifes company.
We have had every intent on dumping dish for Uverse. Still might happen.
But quality of HD was an issue as well as streams. Thats apears to be almost fixed. Im still waiting.

Direc: has been used entirely for sports subscriptions. My guilty pleasure. Ny Jets, Ny Yankees and Ny Rangers.

So, yes, I have choices. Direc might be the way I go. The picture is the best Ive seen.

Only thing holding me back has been the Vip 922\722. However the game changer might be the HR24..

Dish does have Epix, BBCHD...Can I do without those? Im on the fence.

Dish is getting too pricey..So I might make a move soon.

About a month ago I saw a bunch of trucks from AT&T in my town laying cable. ( I think) I know they had a VRAD right outside town for a while, but I haven't seen any in town yet. But I hope to see them soon, because I too am seriously thinking about jumping ship.
The $17.00 reciever fee, plus the $6.00 DVR fee, really pisses me off.

For me DISH was cheaper than U-verse, even without promotional pricing.

Using 2 722k's.

Kept U-verse Internet though, 'cause I like it.

Try Directv for a year then then do the math... get back to me.

Nuff said.

Mike
Consider they have many millions of more subs and the average sub is with Direct longer than the average Dish sub, I think many have done the math.

Not saying that one is better than the other, just saying that people have picked the provider of their choice for their own reasons, which may or may not include price

Consider they have many millions of more subs and the average sub is with Direct longer than the average Dish sub, I think many have done the math.

Not saying that one is better than the other, just saying that people have picked the provider of their choice for their own reasons, which may or may not include price

Well the average sub has higher customer satisfaction with DISH than with DirecTV. So I guess it could go both ways.

If it were not for Dish Network's equipment technology (DVR) that is better in my opinion than Directv's, I would have switched a while back.

Dish Network used to be a bargain but now it seems like they are just another cable company. When another option comes along, people may very well switch.

For me DISH was cheaper than U-verse, even without promotional pricing.

Using 2 722k's.

Kept U-verse Internet though, 'cause I like it.
Lucky duck! I'm stuck at 2 Mbps for DSL with AT&T. Would have to go up to UVerse for television to get the upgrade in DSL speed... which isn't an option. Hoping maybe Sprint's 4g in Cleveland reaches towards my neck of the woods.

If it were not for Dish Network's equipment technology (DVR) that is better in my opinion than Directv's, I would have switched a while back.

Dish Network used to be a bargain but now it seems like they are just another cable company. When another option comes along, people may very well switch.
Have you seen the HR24? Many who have both say it is just as good or even better than the VIPs, and just as fast. With the VIPs still doing some things better, like two rooms, and the HR24 doing other things better, like MRV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts