Dish getting pricey

I like Dish and want to keep them but my god $17 for the 622 which I had for like 4 years now. Its not like I recently upgraded or anything. My contract is up so I might call them back and negotiate some discounts. Are they offering anything like -$10 a month?

We've picked use OTA, a Roku box, Netflix, and use an older computer as a DVR. The wife just gave the go ahead to drop the Dish Network. They said, "Why pay more?" and we asked ourselves that very question. Why should we pay more? It isn't worth it to us anymore to have hiked up fees and price spikes after ol Charlie has supposedly been 'fighting for us.'

Unfortunately that is the only recourse you have to show Dishnetwork their wrong,as big companies like them only deal in numbers.When their churn exceeds a certain number only then will they realize they possibly made an error in increasing the extra receiver fees.:rant:

Yes Dish network is getting expensive BUT several time thru the years I have priced packages from our local cable company and found that to get the service from cable compared to what I get from Dish is far more better. There are some channels I wouldn't get from cable. The west feeds from the HBO's, ect. I wouldn't receive either.

I even was hope Verizon would get their act together and install FIOS in my area. And still the outcome would be the same, less service for more money.

Just my $0.02.

I like Dish and want to keep them but my god $17 for the 622 which I had for like 4 years now. Its not like I recently upgraded or anything. My contract is up so I might call them back and negotiate some discounts. Are they offering anything like -$10 a month?

Haven't heard of any loyalty incentives this year as compared to last year, but call and find out.

My biggest issue is all of the tv providers cable and satco's alike all price themselves within a few bucks of each other. All claim to have the best whatchamacallit and most whateveryou want. In the end though it is all overpriced junk I'm tired of paying a mint for every month. I looked at TWC, Direct, and others and in my area at the end of the day there was only a few buck difference once all the fine print and offers were exhausted. I'm tired of 'paying more' as Dish says. I'm even mre tired of having to pay yearly price increases for channels I have no interest in watching. To be honest if the providers wanted to really play hardball with the channel operators they could. In truth they do not because it makes them money as well.

So really Charlie, why in the hell should I pay you more? So you can foot your never ending litigation bills to your lawyers? Not with my money anymore.

My biggest issue is all of the tv providers cable and satco's alike all price themselves within a few bucks of each other. All claim to have the best whatchamacallit and most whateveryou want. In the end though it is all overpriced junk I'm tired of paying a mint for every month. I looked at TWC, Direct, and others and in my area at the end of the day there was only a few buck difference once all the fine print and offers were exhausted. I'm tired of 'paying more' as Dish says. I'm even mre tired of having to pay yearly price increases for channels I have no interest in watching. To be honest if the providers wanted to really play hardball with the channel operators they could. In truth they do not because it makes them money as well.

So really Charlie, why in the hell should I pay you more? So you can foot your never ending litigation bills to your lawyers? Not with my money anymore.

Several companies, ex Fios, offer bundles. My bundle including Fios Internet 35/35, phone, and HD Ultimate + various taxes, is essentially the same as what I would have been paying for Dish if I had stayed with them.

I have one receiver (722K w OTA module). Since it can record 4 things, I have it hooked up to both HDTV's (1 Composite/1 via HDMI extender). I can do this, because I am either alone or with my daughter. Top 120 HD Free is my package. Bill is 39.99 a month. I still have a $5 referral credit for 2 more months, so I pay 35.85. I use my savings to be a low tier Netflix member. It is better than the premiums and I can watch Dora and stuff on demand via the Xbox for my daughter.

If I ever get married again or have a live in hottie and need a second receiver or when my daughter gets a little older and gets her TV, I will probably switch to Direct.

Until then, Dish has me pretty happy. That is cheap for HD programming.

wrong term?

I have one receiver (722K w OTA module). Since it can record 4 things, I have it hooked up to both HDTV's (1 Composite/1 via HDMI extender). I can do this, because I am either alone or with my daughter. Top 120 HD Free is my package. Bill is 39.99 a month. I still have a $5 referral credit for 2 more months, so I pay 35.85. I use my savings to be a low tier Netflix member. It is better than the premiums and I can watch Dora and stuff on demand via the Xbox for my daughter.

If I ever get married again or have a live in hottie and need a second receiver or when my daughter gets a little older and gets her TV, I will probably switch to Direct.

Until then, Dish has me pretty happy. That is cheap for HD programming.

You must mean component not composite. Composite is SD and component is HD using the the Rd, Gr, & Bl color RCA connectors.

Several companies, ex Fios, offer bundles. My bundle including Fios Internet 35/35, phone, and HD Ultimate + various taxes, is essentially the same as what I would have been paying for Dish if I had stayed with them.

Yeah my AEP with fees before they skyrocketed is now about the same for unlimited phone, internet and tv.......

charlies fee jacking forced me to shop around and save big bucks:)

seperate is the tivo which is working great. i dont mind one time costs like 300 bucks for lifetime tivo....

i will sell off all my E stuff and get 2 tivos with lifetime and have money left over.

one day E will regret the fee jacking........ at least privately if not publically.

loyalty reps suggesting the customer drop receivers to nsave money... I did i dropped the entire service.. my signature says it all

I just downgraded my programming from AEP to 250 and deactivated two receivers.

Next step is to buy two HR24s.

Whay haven't you already

Yeah my AEP with fees before they skyrocketed is now about the same for unlimited phone, internet and tv.......

charlies fee jacking forced me to shop around and save big bucks:)

seperate is the tivo which is working great. i dont mind one time costs like 300 bucks for lifetime tivo....

i will sell off all my E stuff and get 2 tivos with lifetime and have money left over.

one day E will regret the fee jacking........ at least privately if not publically.

loyalty reps suggesting the customer drop receivers to nsave money... I did i dropped the entire service.. my signature says it all

Why haven't you done this already? It's about time that you moved on & stopped whining Bob.

yeah i may be beating a dead horse but i earned the right by paying charlie for 13 years of service........

now friends i convinced to sub to E are complaing to me, about a wide range of issues

we are currently burning discs of programs from the deactivated receivers, before selling off the boxes.

2 722ks, a 508, and at least 3 625s....

right now a pile of boxes kinda sad.

No you didn't

yeah i may be beating a dead horse but i earned the right by paying charlie for 13 years of service........

now friends i convinced to sub to E are complaing to me, about a wide range of issues

we are currently burning discs of programs from the deactivated receivers, before selling off the boxes.

2 722ks, a 508, and at least 3 625s....

right now a pile of boxes kinda sad.

You've already had your share and about 20 others shares. You never stop B'n about anything. Just really tired of it and looking forward to when your to busy to B this fall.

I have a 722k, a 211k, and a 301. This gives me 2 tvs in HD w/ dvr, 1 sd tv w/ dvr and 1 sd tv.

Subbed to AT250 my total bill comes in right at $90 and we have netflix as a supplement along with web content. This brings the grand total in at just under $100. It is a lot of money for TV, but we have a good selection of channels and the equipment is nice and easy to use. This keeps the family happy which keeps me happy.

I have yet to find a comparable package in the same price range. Cable pq just isn't an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts