dish guy at door

Which is pretty much what the OP did.
Which is fine, and harmless, but yaz, for example, is referring to reactions like this one,

"I think I'd ask for his business card and take a picture of him and tell him I'm sure the police will have a few questions"

Really ?

And I know that the homeowner is 100% within their rights to do this, but how do you think people who think like this would react if you were taking pictures of their wife and small kids while they played at a park ? I'll bet they'd "overreact" in that situation.

Which is fine, and harmless, but yaz, for example, is referring to reactions like this one,

"I think I'd ask for his business card and take a picture of him and tell him I'm sure the police will have a few questions"

Really ?

And I know that the homeowner is 100% within their rights to do this, but how do you think people who think like this would react if you were taking pictures of their wife and small kids while they played at a park ? I'll bet they'd "overreact" in that situation.

Are the two examples really comparable?

Look, I dont disagree that taking a photo, and calling the cops might be over reacting, but the reaction to that comment seems to be an over reaction itself IMO. Especially when it was followed with this in the same post:

Then again, not. Felt good for a moment, though. I'm sure you took the right course.
In any case, the OP appears to have done the reasonable thing, and it is what I would have done as well.

Really ?

You conveniently leave out that the very next sentences were: "Then again, not. Felt good for a moment, though. I'm sure you took the right course."

As in, the first sentence would be an over-reaction. Keep reading, don't just pick out something out of context so you can rail against it.

I would have asked him HOW he could save me $50/mo, asked him for his card, and told him I would think about and contact him, if I was interested. If I felt he was full of crap, I'd toss the card. No big deal.
(It's basically the same way I deal with missionaries.)

The fear and paranoia being displayed in this thread is kinda weird.

just had a guy wearing a shirt that had the dish logo on the sleeve at my front door.he was telling me he could update all of my dish equipment and lower my bill by $50.00 a month.my current setup is 2 622's and 1 612 all hooked up to one tv and a monthly bill of $102.00.He said it all had to do with new promotions. I sent him on his way.

We had the same thing happen here, alot of people in the neighborhood got new equipment to lower their bill... however the guy could not get us any lower, we only pay 35 dollars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)