DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I read customer data was compromised in the hack. Are there any details on that? I’ve been through many breaches so my credit has been frozen for several years, but it would be helpful to know what info was stolen.
If they determined customer data was stolen, they would immediately - like the same day- file an 8K report on the SEC Edgar site.
No customer data theft has been reported so they have not found anything (yet).

They thought some data was taken but didn’t know what.

While they haven’t announced anything yet the word (aka rumor) is that no subscriber data was actually taken.

IF that is the case the. dish really dodged a bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe in their minds, they assumed everything was taken but what they tell others inclduing customers and shareholders is the opposite s this would remove their liability and have to either get fined or provide some form of credit monitoring to the affected which will have huge costs to them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If they determined customer data was stolen, they would immediately - like the same day- file an 8K report on the SEC Edgar site.
No customer data theft has been reported so they have not found anything (yet).
It takes time and unless the other side tells you exactly what they have taken, it's hard to know what they actually have knowledge of even though they have all the data, they would still need to know what they have as they would obviously say they have everything so the threat seems bigger on the victim being DISH in this case. Also, if they admitted to anything or filed an 8K report, that is in writing and the end result would be the stock would go down even more in addition to having to say they have a security breach and provide either monetary compensation or free credit monitoring services for those affected which can be former customers, current customers, potential customers who contacted them did not sign up and even investors which all costs money and will be mentioned again in the next annual report or Form 10-K which ofcourse will ofcourse push down the price of the shares even further.

I expect they will try to be MOST accommodating. Be nice- they are no doubt under great stress.

I had to call for an Endo appointment (~10 week backlog) knowing they were in their first few days on a new software product (Genesis). That software is widely reviled. After 45 - 60 minutes or so in queue, I got a human. I expressed sympathy for what she was going thru. Her relief was palpable. I gather most are giving her “Heck” (Thanks, Radar), especially as everyone is still learning the new system and going slow.

My contract ended during during the shutdown. Hope I can get some kind of break to cut the increase I got.My proim
My contract ended during during the shutdown. Hope I can get some kind of break to cut the increase I got.
My promo ended as well during the outage. Received a response this morning via their FB page.

"Hello, Don. As access to customer care tools are limited, we are currently unable to provide support for your inquiry. We’re making progress on the customer service front every day, but it will take a little time before things are fully restored."

Last edited:
I just received my bill in the mail. I am on paperless. The paper bill was all screwed up with different numbers. It was showing a totally different amount charged on my card that actually was charged. The charges on the my dish page or correct . I checked and it’s showing e bill so hopefully everything get settled done now . They did send a nice advertisement for an electric transport chair . :)

Those on the military/veteran's program Dish at this time cannot reinstate your benefits at this time. I was told to call back at a unknown future date. Movie certificates may or may not be sent until they are able to reinstate your benefits.

The hold recording said all streaming services are now working on apps and Dish.

I finally received the updates H339 and P115. I see little difference except for some 40.0 remote functions are now working.

I been so busy and do not have the time to explore the update or problems further.

Those on the military/veteran's program Dish at this time cannot reinstate your benefits at this time. I was told to call back at a unknown future date. Movie certificates may or may not be sent until they are able to reinstate your benefits.

The hold recording said all streaming services are now working on apps and Dish.

I finally received the updates H339 and P115. I see little difference except for some 40.0 remote functions are now working.

I been so busy and do not have the time to explore the update or problems further.
Most of the 40.0 remote functions has always worked with the Plus setup. I went thru my list today checking my list of buttons that don't work or do funny things. See attached

Attachments

• 40.0 Remote Control H+ Buttons-New 3 Apr 23.pdf
    390.1 KB · Views: 97
VOD not working, even when I called in. Took them about 15 minutes to apply my certificate which it invalidated when I tried to use on MyDish and sent back an error message.

I just received my bill in the mail. I am on paperless. The paper bill was all screwed up with different numbers. It was showing a totally different amount charged on my card that actually was charged. The charges on the my dish page or correct . I checked and it’s showing e bill so hopefully everything get settled done now . They did send a nice advertisement for an electric transport chair . :)
Yup, I got a bill in the mail yesterday as well. Same as the bill I downloaded from MyDish.com. I went and logged in and it still says I'm on paperless. So still some kinks in the system, I guess.