DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

I was just able to change my locals using the MyDish app on my Android phone. Happy camper! ;)
Does that ability (changing your locals) come with the camper package? Since my retirement I was thinking of putting a dish on my vacation camp in another state. ...But ONLY if it's legal.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does that ability (changing your locals) come with the camper package? Since my retirement I was thinking of putting a dish on my vacation camp in another state. ...But ONLY if it's legal.
If you have an "Outdoor" account and meet some equipment requirements that I have no specifics for, you can change your service address as needed using the MyDish app on your phone. The app uses the phone's GPS to determine your current location and the appropriate locals. All that's required for verification is a rolling "Secure code" that's found on the diagnostics page of your receiver.

The MyDISH app took its sweet time, but it finally brought up my account. One thing I am not sure about is the next AutoPay in a week will be for April-May and the previous rate, but I was able to remove a Flex Pack via the website a few days ago and I verified that it was gone with the App. I guess we will see when the AutoPay goes through in a few days if it is the full amount or adjusted.
:pray:popcorn

Reactions: BarnRat
I received a paper bill, paid and mailed. Dish is saying I'm overdue... so I probably just paid my bill twice, so there should be a credit for next month.

A bit more info.

Some very good advice came from that article. The use of a double admin, Apple mixed in with Windows also helped. I cringe on the word fast recovery (even with the level of attack) Some basic info they had multiple backups and use a private VPN both good but basic precautions. Of course you have to fire the company to show stockholders. I see many updates in all systems in the near future. The best news the pirates lost this one!

Sorta. Actual costs to Dish may make others more likely to pay.

So- how can Dish figure out what backups were safe? Do they do a file compare on all the OS files? Check root for changes? Pray and pay white hats to fix it and never know how it was fixed?
I am sure Dish paid more to fix rather than pay but I feel if everyone could do this pirates would move on. I imagine it would take all the above and run a test model to ensure its a clean copy.

Sorta. Actual costs to Dish may make others more likely to pay.

So- how can Dish figure out what backups were safe? Do they do a file compare on all the OS files? Check root for changes? Pray and pay white hats to fix it and never know how it was fixed?
There is insurance for this sort of thing. Whether Dish had it, no idea.

Just spent a bunch of time on the phone with Dish Tech Support for problems with my Joey4's, as well as questions about my bill (long story). The Tech was VERY helpful but also noted that their internal systems are not all back online yet. For example, I was looking for a Preferred Customer Offer, and she tried but it wouldn't let her submit. She reached out to someone higher up and they verified that system is not back to 100% yet. So not everything is restored.

A bit more info.

There is a LOT of fluff here. They're barely more than about 50% of the way back.
Still can't cancel accounts, modify work orders, send out Customer Awareness alerts, do ANY sales or track metrics. Loyalty is still down, we still have 3 different phone numbers to use depending on what we need...

There’s at least one person in loyalty that has been able to cancel accounts. She got mine canceled and said that day she had canceled over 18 accounts. I haven’t gotten any indication that the boxes have been sent to me, but the $20 charge for them shows up on my bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a LOT of fluff here. They're barely more than about 50% of the way back.
Still can't cancel accounts, modify work orders, send out Customer Awareness alerts, do ANY sales or track metrics. Loyalty is still down, we still have 3 different phone numbers to use depending on what we need...
Hi HipKat can you PLEASE list the 3 phone numbers so we can call in and talk to a live person?
:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin