DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

And Disney decided to remove it right before the release of the new movie. Same with Top Gun. So those wanting to Benge watch the entire series can't.
Avatar has not been on HBO for years and the first Top Gun is Paramount, which was on Showtime and then Epix, now Paramount+.

Paramount new movies have never been on HBO, even in the before streaming days, they were on Showtime.

I’m not going to pay a year in advance. So it’s no savings for me. I like the ability to drop HBO when I’m not using it. Lesson learned that Dish won’t get the $16 from me. But I was actually getting it at a discount until this month. At this point when I’m able to call and drop HBO, I’ll be calling to drop everything. I want more control over my services. And the fact that Dish currently can’t even tell me if I’ve paid my bill is the opposite of control of my services.

On my bill the charge is for HBO Max. Period. If it said HBO channels or whatever the argument holds water. I’m paying for something I can’t use.

Also all of this I’m sure has put any channel disputes on the back burner. So it’s now even longer that one of my local affiliates is missing from the local channel package that I’m paying for.

It’s just getting old. It’s always something that contributes to the Dish headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dish is no doubt trying everything to resolve this as quickly as possible. They are also working with law enforcement who maybe directing them on what to say.
This exactly. Its why their customer service people stopped posting the same thing over and over again. They are limited to what they can say, everything has to be cleared by legal.

I am 100% sure they want to say more.. but they can't. At least not yet. Again THEY want to be online with all features and call centers back. There are a lot of moving pieces in the background, some of them out of their control.

Now I wonder, is billing even able to send out billing statements (both electronic and paper for those like me who prefers to have physical statements) currently.
I have Auto-Pay and Paperless Billing set up and today I received a paper statement in the mail showing that my Auto Pay will be charged to my credit card as usual on 3/21. With all the other problems they're going through right now, I thought it was a decent gesture to send out the paper statement.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Content is removed from all services, linear and streaming because of right’s issues.

For example, new Universal movies used to premiere on HBO, now they are on Peacock.

Same for Fox movies, now on Disney/Hulu.

Since you brought up a older movie like Home Alone, how about Avatar, that used to be on HBO many years ago ( even before they were streaming), they lost the rights, now it is on Disney+.
I've got things on my DVR/External HDD that have been added, removed, moved, and permanently gone for years. Who cares about 1080i/1080p/4K if you can't watch it at all or have to pay multiple monthly streaming fees to keep up with the constantly changing rights ownership.

DVR for the win. And PlayOn for streaming services.

I've got things on my DVR/External HDD that have been added, removed, moved, and permanently gone for years. Who cares about 1080i/1080p/4K if you can't watch it at all or have to pay multiple monthly streaming fees to keep up with the constantly changing rights ownership.

DVR for the win. And PlayOn for streaming services.
I understand. I've noticed that my customers over 70 prefer DVRs and live channels. People under 70 prefer the ease of streaming. Less clutter, better picture and sound... NO ONE under 30 has a tv provider. Besides, all those recordings disappear the day your receiver dies. Your external hard drive recordings will only play on Dish receivers, so....

I’m 40. I prefer physical media. It’s the only way you actually own the show/movie. I don’t really care about DVR vs streaming. I just want to watch things on my time. I’ve always been an early adopter with technology. So I’m getting frustrated with Dish’s lack of advancement in technology. The Hopper 3 was/is fantastic. But the programming I’m watching is still 1080i. I notice a big difference when watching YouTube TV programming in 1080p.

Saving a bunch of random crap I recorded on a DVR seems like a terrible way to keep a library. Hard drives die. Set top boxes die. And again 1080i. No thanks.

Last edited:
I understand. I've noticed that my customers over 70 prefer DVRs and live channels. People under 70 prefer the ease of streaming. Less clutter, better picture and sound... NO ONE under 30 has a tv provider. Besides, all those recordings disappear the day your receiver dies. Your external hard drive recordings will only play on Dish receivers, so....
I'm well under 70, closer to 40 as the previous poster mentioned. I prefer owning my recordings on my terms.

No clutter, as most of my collection is stored digitally and redundantly on my NAS, even the physical media I collected before streaming and DVR came into play. I prefer the ease of streaming MY media from MY network, not someone else's at their selfish whims.

The main reason I still have Dish is the time it takes to offload my DVR/Ext HDD recordings to my NAS, which is time consuming, but worth it for the content I want to keep permanently.

If you want to differentiate viewing behaviors between people, try using technical expertise instead of age.

One of my friends (who is a DISH sub) told me that when he called to change his programming the agent said that the ETA for systems to be mostly UP is the 19th. Not sure how true this is or not but just letting you guys know.
Was he able to get his programming changed when he called? I have a pending programming change I want to make.

I wouldn't say "constantly removed"... Some movies are in rotation, sure. But people subscribe to HBOMAX for the 20+ years of original content. I've been paying HBO directly for about 8 years and have never even noticed "missing" content. Save your money and pay HBOMAX directly. $8.25 a month.
You obviously weren’t watching Westworld, The Nevers, or Raided By Wolves…all recently pulled and sold off to FAST services!

With HBO suffering through the debacle of the Discovery merger, no show is safe.

You obviously weren’t watching Westworld, The Nevers, or Raided By Wolves…all recently pulled and sold off to FAST services!

With HBO suffering through the debacle of the Discovery merger, no show is safe.
I loved Westworld especially the first couple of seasons. Being a kid watching the original movie was along with movies like the original Star Wars was an experience that I will never forget. Now in my senior years rewatching them and reliving those memories means a lot. Having them and so many others on my DVR are very important to me!

I’m 40. I prefer physical media. It’s the only way you actually own the show/movie. I don’t really care about DVR vs streaming. I just want to watch things on my time. I’ve always been an early adopter with technology. So I’m getting frustrated with Dish’s lack of advancement in technology. The Hopper 3 was/is fantastic. But the programming I’m watching is still 1080i. I notice a big difference when watching YouTube TV programming in 1080p.

Saving a bunch of random crap I recorded on a DVR seems like a terrible way to keep a library. Hard drives die. Set top boxes die. And again 1080i. No thanks.

I agree with you. With one exception most of my DVR recordings I have were not even in HD old black and whites or 70s and 80s. For new streaming is much better than Dish. Everyone thought 4K was going to be the new standard and a lot of that failed along with 8K red cam. Some actually going back to old formats like Panavision.

I agree with you. With one exception most of my DVR recordings I have were not even in HD old black and whites or 70s and 80s. For new streaming is much better than Dish. Everyone thought 4K was going to be the new standard and a lot of that failed along with 8K red cam. Some actually going back to old formats like Panavision.
4K has not failed, it is just not on Traditional Live TV Services ( I know some sports are in fake 4K), but wildly available streaming, for example, Last of Us on HBO was 1080i on Dish, DirecTV, etc while 4K/HDR on HBOMAX..

As far as Panavision goes, Film has a higher resolution then 4K, the newest Panavision Cameras-Millennium DXL2, are Full Frame 8192 x 4320 8K 6:5 (2x ANA) 5184 x 4320.