DISH has lost 420,000 subs so far this year

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wouldn't pay the lifetime price now on a Bolt Pro or Roamio Pro. I think the $300-$350 area for the Roamio OTA with lifetime is about right. I paid around $450-$475 each for my three Roamio's and lifetime using the now dead PLSR code on the old pricing. My Roamio OTA I got for $199 with lifetime on a special weekend sale. Mini's I wait till they're on sale.

I've still got 2 DTVPals that have been going 24/7 since new. I had a third one with a problem, that I fixed and then gave to a neighbor with a tv I sold him when I wanted a bigger one. I had a 722 since the week they were new until last year and only had 1 failure in that time. It was pretty rock solid for me. It's still in the closet with a 211k.

I don't need the latest or greatest, although I do like to play with new things from time to time. I usually just give stuff to family members if I decide I want to upgrade. The only thing I've really had bad luck with is surround receivers. I had 3 that the hdmi circuits just quit working. The last one I just gave up and switched to optical cables. Not going to replace it until everything quits on it.

Some people are happy leasing, I prefer to own and not pay recurring fees when possible.

BBC America is frequently in free preview, if you can live with only getting it during the free previews. There will be yet another free preview of BBC America that starts later this month and lasts until mid-March.
Update: when I asked a Dish CSR what happened to the previously announced BBC America free preview, I was told that it will now run from February 14 to March 29. I got free premium movie packages on both of my accounts to make up for the inconvenience. On one account, I got Epix free for one month. On the other account, I got Starz free for three months. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)