Dish HD Locals Update

I'm sure it is since Greenville, SC was on the list before. Now I can finally move back home again.:D

It better be, if the little town (72k pop) Greenville, NC got it's very own locals in HD (they are already in the Raliegh DMA) after all the promises about Greenville, SC HD for the last 2 years, somebody would go postal on Dish :)

1st half q2 2008, eh?

That's at least better than the answers I was getting from the support and ceo@ folks.

(Austin, TX).

That implies to me that I should have them by 15-may give or take.

WPB Cool The CBS and Fox just went HD on news. NBC been up for a long time now. Wonder what's wrong with ABC....

Glad to hear that Milwaukee will be getting HD locals Q2 - Been waiting for over a year for that news!!

1st half q2 2008, eh?

That's at least better than the answers I was getting from the support and ceo@ folks.

(Austin, TX).

That implies to me that I should have them by 15-may give or take.

yes but does that mean that by mid to late march the 1st quarter people will get them? I am hoping soon as my cleveland locals are on that list!

When E* offers HD locals does that include those extra side channels that have the weather and extra programming like I get HD OTA? For example Local channel 10 is 10-01, 10-02 and 10-03

Does ADA even have local channels? should they not be getting OKC locals

They got KTEN and that's it! This is RIDICULOUS!! Tulsa DMA goes all the way down to McAlester. This is especially bad, since OTA from here to Tulsa towers is 75+ miles. You only get stuff with the heaviest equipment money can buy. This town here is CURSED getting locals. Funny thing is the local cable company feeds OK City locals AND Tulsa locals. Isn't that illegal?

P.S.: The local cable company does NOT provide HD programming!

Okay Beaumont, Tx just got sd locals in 2006 and now this year in HD? Will they be on the 61.5 sat or the 129 sat. My rsn is on 129 so I would have to think that 129 would be the right sat but where are they finding any room for another local on that sat?

Does ADA even have local channels? should they not be getting OKC locals

Ok don't KILL me but I have a house outside Ada near Pontotoc. KTEN has studios in Ada, Ardmore and Denison and then KXII has it studios in Dension and Ardmore. KXII is the only station in the US currently that can broadcast 2 hd channels at the same time. They broadcast CBS HD, FOX HD and My network sd all at the same time and believe me it looks amazing. No ABC in this DMA since the courts took distants away from Dish. Ada has been it's own DMA for as long as I can remember. Most people hate it because they can not get OKC except with cable and that is only certain channels. 90% of the DMA lives in Oklahoma yet the 2 stations are mainly based in Texas now and show predominately Texas news and Sports.

w00t Now I don't have to use my TV's tuner to watch an un-DVR'd 24 while recording The Unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts