Dish HD Locals Update

That is true too, many smaller markets cover large rural areas where cable is not available, so the actual number of satellite subscribers can be much higher in a smaller market. Looking at my market it appears more than half the households are outside the 2 big citys. Satellite sales are booming here.
You are right about the WF market Mike. I live 10 miles SW of Graham(around 70 miles from the towers) behind a ridge. My OTA reception is crap. I get analog 3 and 6 barely. I get 7 and 18 if the weather is right,and I stand on my head on the third Monday of the month.:D
The only digital signal I can get is 7 Kswo and its subchannels. It is very weak and breaks up. I would be screwed if E* didn't offer my locals, especially since D* doesn't offer them. I will be glad when the HD ones show up.

Verified tonight by WITN that it is Greenville, NC DMA that will get HD Locals. Verified during the 5:00 news hour. WITN is the NBC affiliate in this DMA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:river

I was hoping there was some reason I couldn't get the faint signals from my antenna for the two channels I could get in the Greenville SC area. (Two different antennas no signal of any kind the last three weeks.) I like rebooted 100 times, switched cables, etc., no dice. I was hoping against hope they were programming my HD locals or something.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:river

Norfolk Va Locals

Hi,
I currently have Roanoke ,VA locals with no HD locals available. I see Norfolk Va has all the Network HD channels. I live in zip code 24477, near Charlottesville, VA, if I "move" to Norfolk, would I be in the spot beam to receive the Norfolk locals? It looks like both are on Sat 110, just curious. I hope this is the correct forum to post this question. I'm new to Dish, only had it 2 weeks now. Thanks .....

I don't know what I was looking at earlier, your right Norfolk doesn't show HD's at the current time. I just read that Richmond is on the list to get HD's this year, I'll just have to wait. Thanks...

Cleveland Locals on DISH

• DISH Network plans to launch HD locals in the following 6 markets in Q1 2008:

Cleveland, Ohio; Flint, Michigan; Ft. Myers, Florida; Greenville, North Carolina; Orlando, Florida; West Palm Beach, Florida

We are looking forward to the Cleveland locals in HD. I called DISH last week and am now receiving the locals in SD, when HD is available, we will receive those.

Note: the qam tuner in or SONY picks up the HD locals from $11/mth basic cable, and the JVC in the family room has a very poor qam tuner, only two HD locals are availably on that HD.

~​

When "soon" is just to darn late

While the OP was preparing his post, I was preparing a rebuttal to Direct who had been invited to our Feb. 5 Neighborhood Association quartly meeting. I wan't very successfull. It was pointed out that they were the only satellite provider that had the Locals in HD for Memphis, TN, the larget city in the state. Although Memphis has been mentioned in every HD local into local put out by Dish, I now see that it is not to be. Needless to say, I've witnessed a lot of Dish antennas come down and Direct antenna's go up since this meeting. Mine just may be next.

Hi, Dish recently announced more HD channels coming in 2008. Does anyone know if these will include local HD for El Paso? Thanks!

Hi, Dish recently announced more HD channels coming in 2008. Does anyone know if these will include local HD for El Paso? Thanks!

fyi, I just saw the picture of the future local hd channels (Engadget HD) and it looked like El Paso was on it. So my question now is, any idea *when* the local hd channels will be available?