Dish HD Locals Update

Scott,

Is that a typo? Shouldn't it be Greenville SOUTH Carolina... which BTW,does also cover Western North Carolina.

It's not a typo by Scott. The info retailers received from Dish read Greenville, NC. It could be a Dish typo.

Good news for most, but still not Chattanooga HD, maybe the 3rd quarter.

Stop teasing me with the Pub! I have a baby on the way and my wife would KILL me if I spent any money!

Thanks for the Cleveland locals info!

My Wife would kill me too if i spent any money right now. I am off work again. This time i have a Blood CLOT in the leg. Last year i had to have open heart surgery. I guess the PUB information will become public soon enough i guess.

Yep, you can count on NYC, Boston, Philly and DC all going to spots before too long. E* needs to get them off the valuable CONUS TP's.

Here's what you don't see. Take Boston for instance. As long as it's on CONUS there's the potential for a significant number of subs from surrounding DMAs like Burlington, Hartford, Providence, etc. to "move" their service address to Boston or NY for HD locals.

Originally Burlington, Vt (# 90 DMA) was on the infamous list of 50 possible HD LiLs what - going on 2 years ago now?

Then possibly it dawned on Dish that it was more cost effective to just make it easy for people to "move" to areas that already had HD LiL service (thus no cost to Dish) than to succumb to negations of all the respective affiliates.

Yay! Flint, Michigan. Now ill have over the air flint locals in hd, and dish flint locals in hd.

My Wife would kill me too if i spent any money right now. I am off work again. This time i have a Blood CLOT in the leg. Last year i had to have open heart surgery. I guess the PUB information will become public soon enough i guess.

I would love for the info to go public in the uplink activity thread. All the talk Dish tends to do, does no good if they never release the channels to the subscribers. Look at SciFi, USA, been up 2 months and still not released. Once the info is public in the uplink thread, it still may not happen.

Someone needs to cross-check the infamous US map Dish showed of US cities and planned HD launches and see what lines up.

Someone needs to cross-check the infamous US map Dish showed of US cities and planned HD launches and see what lines up.

That map is a joke. They claim 100 markets in HD by year's end, but there's something like 130 dots on the map.

Finally some dates. My OTA tuner hasn't been too busy because of the writer's strike though. Next fall I'm sure recording three shows at a time will be a necessity.

Something hasnt been right... many of those cities are outside of spots. Any chance they can widen or rearrange the spots?

The spots represent DB contours, they are probably actually wider than shown, but you might need a larger dish (like 24" instead of 18" outside the red lines). Also do not forget they still have space on 129 and maybe even 118.7. The smaller markets mentioned appear to be under 61.5 spots that do not appear to be needed by larger cities. Dallas for example is already up, so the the 61.5 beam that covers Dallas could be used for Wichita Falls instead.

Also the larger cities already up on 129 are single dish solutions. The smaller markets will have to have 2 dish solutions to get 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)