Dish HD Locals Update

They got KTEN and that's it! This is RIDICULOUS!!
Makes it easy to negotiate with the "stations" to work out carriage, doesn't it !
Funny thing is the local cable company feeds OK City locals AND Tulsa locals. Isn't that illegal?
There are special arrangements worked out in those cases. First, there's nothing "illegal" about it. The stations simply say "yes" or "no" and that's that. We have that with FOX, for example. Dayton and Cincinnati FOX is available on Time Warner but at 8pm, the out-of-market FOX (Cincinnati) does not show regular prime-time programming. They show syndicated shows like Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and so on.

It better be, if the little town (72k pop) Greenville, NC got it's very own locals in HD (they are already in the Raliegh DMA) after all the promises about Greenville, SC HD for the last 2 years, somebody would go postal on Dish :)

I live in Greenville, NC and would love my locals in HD, but yeah I think it is a typo. We aren't covered under the Raleigh channels. We have our locals printed as Greenville/New Bern/Washington, NC on Dish's website, so I'm sure it would maybe be listed that way if we were getting HD locals. I was so excited when I saw it listed but after seeing it announced from Dish at the beginning of the year, I think you guys are right and it is suppose to be Greenville, SC.

Fort Myers, wow, that surprises the crap out of me. Although I get them easily OTA, and I currently "reside" in MT so I don't have to pay the ridiculous 13% sat tax in this state, it would be nice to also have them via sat for the multiple timers.

But not an extra $17 in tax on my bill to move back here!

I have a question...hopefully one of you can answer it...

I'm in Cleveland pointed at 110, 119, and 129. I have a Dish 1000. If Cleveland is put on 61.5, will I need another Dish? If so, do you know if E* will do this for free?

TYIA!!

I guess the next question is: which sat will the locals be on here in Columbia, SC. We have been istalling the 118.7 sat here in SC for Charlotte. We also have been installing a whole s***load of 1000.2 because everyone thinks that come 2009 that they will need a HD TV. If it will be on the 118.7, there will be soooo much work that we won't have much time for all the new installs or give a lot of them to the Subs.

I guess the next question is: which sat will the locals be on here in Columbia, SC. We have been istalling the 118.7 sat here in SC for Charlotte. We also have been installing a whole s***load of 1000.2 because everyone thinks that come 2009 that they will need a HD TV. If it will be on the 118.7, there will be soooo much work that we won't have much time for all the new installs or give a lot of them to the Subs.

Dish usually has a program that you get the equipment free for a given package if you do a commitment

local hdtv

Directv better tighten up on the local hd channel in the greenville, north carolina viewing area. people just might be jumping ship just to get there local hd channel from dish.

When is Tulsa, Oklahoma? Why is smaller towns in Oklahoma getting local HD before Tulsa?

It has to do with satellite capacity on spot beams. There is not a spot beam that points to Tulsa with capacity to cover Tulsa. There is a beam that points to Dallas that Dallas does not need, so it can do Wichita Falls/Lawton. Ardmore/Ada can be worked in somewhere else. Tulsa has to wait for a new satellite.

I'm in Cleveland pointed at 110, 119, and 129. I have a Dish 1000. If Cleveland is put on 61.5, will I need another Dish? If so, do you know if E* will do this for free?
Yes, if (that's a big if) they put Cleveland HD locals on 61.5, you'll need a 2nd dish. And yes, Dish will do it for free. If and when that happens, as a current customer, you'll be at the end of the list to get the dish upgrade too.

Woot Wichita Falls, a #143 (or so) DMA coming soon. I have a feeling we are under a spot beam somewhere! I have my 61.5 Dish operating for the spot beam action. Our Fox finally went HD last Thursday in time for the superbowl, and my inside sources tell me April for NBC the last of the majors to convert.

Yep.. very weird list but I'm sure it makes sense after the numbers are ran against the spotbeams they have available. I see Baton Rouge and New Orleans in one beam but neither is on the list.

Scott, is the Greenville NC a misprint, I remember reading a while back that Dish was launching HD locals in Greenville SC not Greenville NC, there is a Greenville in both states and I do believe the Greenville in SC is much larger than NC. Can you double check that, may be a misprint...but can u double check?

:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river:river
Still no word on Hartford. Some of us don't have the luxory of having both E* & D*. I guess I'll be hoping for Q3.

Beaumont, TX. Locals in HD. WOW!!!
This is truly incredible, because only 3 short months ago we only had one network even broadcasting in HD. It was CBS.
As of now we have CBS, ABC, and FOX.
Still no NBC in HD.
How in the world did we ever get so high on the list.
Not that I'm complaining mind you. Just surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)