DISH HD Migration off of 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, I should just wait till they contact me, or is there something else I should do.

I can imagine how much work they will have to do in order to convert everyone to the earc.
Wait until they contact you, its going to be almost a year before it's all done.

Wait until they contact you, its going to be almost a year before it's all done.

I see this as a huge job opportunity,Here in the east Tn mountain areas line of site issues are a huge obstacle, changing customers from western to eastern arc or even hitting a different orbital slot is a massive under taking.

Since the 129 bird isn't an option in 9 out of 10 location around here most of the western arc customers will need equipment upgrades as well as a reinstall of a 1000.4 eastern arc dish, that is if I can find a hole in the trees to do so.

I can't wait to see how this plays out,It will take more than a year to make all the changes once a decision is made.

Last edited:
What about us in New York? I'm on 110/119/61.5 and if I went Eastern Arc wouldn't I lose my locals?:confused:

Nope all will be fine.

No. You will only lose the SD versions of the HD locals you already get. IOW, you will still get all your locals like you do now.

Scott & Tony, The only thing you are forgetting here is that the poster needs all ViP receivers. All the locals are there but it is MPEG-4. He may have mixed HD and SD receivers. The SD receivers will need to be upgraded if this is the case.

If this was addressed somewhere else in this thread, sorry. I did not look at the whole thing.

I have 110/119/61.5 2-dish setup. Tried to get 129 last fall, but couldn't get line of site. Dish still thinks I have 129, even though the work order was cancelled.

Will I be able to swap out the 61.5 dish and have LOS with 72.7, 77 since it is not much of an orbital change. It looks like my LOS is wide open where my 61.5 dish is pointing.

I have 110/119/61.5 2-dish setup. Tried to get 129 last fall, but couldn't get line of site. Dish still thinks I have 129, even though the work order was cancelled.

Will I be able to swap out the 61.5 dish and have LOS with 72.7, 77 since it is not much of an orbital change. It looks like my LOS is wide open where my 61.5 dish is pointing.

Check out dishpointer.com (link above). Should give you the info you need. By the way is there some reason that you want to give up 61.5? I'm thinking that while you might not want to give up your 110/119 set up (like me) what you need is a 1000.4 (61.5, 72.7, 77) which of course will mean that you need all MPEG4 receivers.

Good luck

Ross

DISH CSR's have not been informed of these changes yet. So take whatever a CSR says with a grain of salt.

this is so true....I was lucky that the CSR I had put me on hold to speak to someone else.... twice...once when I told her I was not getting all the HD I pay for with Platinum and again when I told her all the HD was eventually leaving 61.5....and that I thought I needed EA...after the 2nd time on hold she said they would be out to replace my 2 dish set up with 1 EA and give me a 222 to replace my 322 and I can keep my 622....all of this for no charge...just sign up for another 2 years.....1 day later set up finished and everything looks good ...I have all my locals in HD and all the HD I was missing....

They really haven't prepared for the migration well at all. This past weekend my brother moved his account to his new home. At his previous house (same DMA) he had the mixed arc setup-he just never got around to arguing his way to an EA dish-but when he called about the Dish mover program he specified that he only has a single 622 receiver and since he is in the Buffalo, N.Y. DMA he wanted to make sure he got an EA dish. The CSR assures him that's what he'll get. Installer arrives and his work order says to install another mixed arc as there is a 4900 receiver on the account. Now this 4900 hasn't been active in over 4 years but it still shows up. When my brother explained things the installer was very helpful and made some calls to get the 1000.4 approved and the 4900 removed from the account but the fact that they are still issuing work orders specifying a mixed arc setup is troubling and nonsensical.

I have a 722 and a 211. I'm near Rochester NY and point to 61.5, 110 and 119. I did an online chat with a csr yesterday. The person told me that with both my receivers being mpeg4, I would not need to have my dishes reaimed to 2 in the earc and that I would continue to get all my HD channels. Is that true?
I "moved"back to Rochester NY last month to get my system upgraded thru dish mover and the installer told me I could either do a 119/110/61.5 or he would do an EA setup for me even though he wasn't suppose to do those in Rochester NY yet. He told me that by August 18 Rochester was getting its locals in HD and they would then be converting all customers in Rochester to EA. He told me that Dish would be sending out letters to its customers here informing them of this.

blts said:
I "moved"back to Rochester NY last month to get my system upgraded thru dish mover and the installer told me I could either do a 119/110/61.5 or he would do an EA setup for me even though he wasn't suppose to do those in Rochester NY yet. He told me that by August 18 Rochester was getting its locals in HD and they would then be converting all customers in Rochester to EA. He told me that Dish would be sending out letters to its customers here informing them of this.

Any word on Buffalo.? I have 110 119 61 but the power on tp 61.5 is so low my local HD always cut in and out.

blts said:

I have just "moved" to Rochester and am waiting for HD channels to appear on the guide but only non-functional SD locals. I called after the move and the CSR informed me that Dish had no rights to the HD network content there and only could offer SD. I saw on Lyngsat that the Rochester HD channels were on 61.5 at TP17. I have excellent signal quality for this TP and will wait and hope the CSR was mistaken (this is not a stretch).

I've been on the 110,119,129 set up for years. Used to have a real tough time with 129.
Then a neighbor cut down several tree's, and it improved. But now it's terrible again.
Next weekend I'll be upgrading my receivers to a 722 and a 922. The phone tech said they will be coming out for the upgrade and will at that time switch me over to the EA.
I hope it's better than what I've been getting lately.

Who says that PR is not going to get those channels?

A lot of folks are getting upset with no basis. Again this move is for the folks in the lower 48 states.

Hey Scott. How do you feel about this now that all the HD is being moved off the 61.5 and Dish's statement on my thread that PR was never supposed to be supported by the 61.5. Which is no where to be found on the Dish website and the fact that they have no problem selling us packages we can not get.

It doesn’t make any sense for us here in Puerto Rico.

We don’t have acceptable footprints from 129, 72 or 77 so it is impossible to setup a WA 110/119/129 or a EA 61.5/72/77.

A brand new satellite (E15) with great footprint for Puerto Rico and now it will be useless for us? The numbers that everybody have posted for E15 seems good but Puerto Rico numbers look amazing.

Why can’t Dish create a true mirror of HD content using 129 and 61.5?

We pay for premium channels, but we can’t receive all premiums in HD?

Can anybody help us?

Don't worry about your footprints. They might get some option for the people like you. I have the same acceptable footprints.

For your premiums HD, you should contact them. There might be some misunderstanding.

Hey Scott. How do you feel about this now that all the HD is being moved off the 61.5 and Dish's statement on my thread that PR was never supposed to be supported by the 61.5. Which is no where to be found on the Dish website and the fact that they have no problem selling us packages we can not get.
I have been researching tis the past few days, and I got to admit that stament from DISH is probably true. I can't find a document ANYWHERE that says 61.5 is an approved satellite cordinate for PR or that DISH officially ever asked ANY retailer to install a 61.5 wing dish.

I was actually kind of shocked that I could not find this anyplace as I know many people in PR who have had a big dish pointed at 61.5 for years.

Hey Scott: this is on your forum. plus i also read a few other posts where it was supported and people had 4ft dishes, but to many complaints so Dish stopped supporting it.(see below)

But this does still back the point they are selling and charging us for a service they cant deliver. If we can not get all the channels in a package we should not have to pay the full price
and the argument that you get it in SD does not wash. If I sign up for a premium movie channel, i expect it to be in HD. Also as stated by others, we are Dish's third largest market. If we all drop our service to welcome pack, it would cost Dish between $24- $40 million a year in lost revenue. Hope you are reading this Tony, Mary, Matt.

my hd in puerto rico
I have all the hd channels with just 61.5 110 and 119. But I should also mention that I am a very old client of Dishnetwork and have subscribed to their HD since it started. As a result....I guess I have been grandfathered into being able to get all the hd....most of it anyway....and I am happy with it. Even more I am happy that as of yesterday I was able to add ABC CBS NBC and FOX in high definition from Chicago and Los Angeles.

Previously someone mentioned that dish was not allowing the signal to be turned on because of complaints from previous bad installs with dishes 4 ft and under. This is true....100 per cent true. I have three six foot dishes and even I have some problems with signals during bad weather.

The story about the HD Spotbeams to Puerto Rico.....hope it happens.....would like to have some HD that will stay on during bad weather.

As to whether dish will turn on the other hd signal for you....at this point..with their plans to spotbeam a bunch of channels here............I seriously doubt they will turn it on for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)