DISH HD Migration off of 61.5

I dont know what to tell you, other then what has been said already. I am not going to make stuff up to try to make you happy.

And I do feel where your coming from, as I know a few people in PR who have had a 61.5 dish for almost 10 years.

Until there is something official announced (if there ever is) then you are going to be in the same boat and be upset. If you must cancel or drop down to the welcome pack then do it if its the best move for you. I don't what to say or do to comfort you on this or what I can do to make DISH put them back. DISH knows what people are pointed at so at this point I can only GUESS this is a calculated move on their part.

I really wish I had something better to tell you as I really do feel for you but again I am not going to make stuff up to try making you happy.

Scott: not looking for you to make me happy, just looking for answers from Dish and why the would ignore the needs of there Third largest market. Like you said its a calculated move on there part. Of course if this were happening in Florida something would be done about it.

I dont know what to tell you, other then what has been said already. I am not going to make stuff up to try to make you happy.

And I do feel where your coming from, as I know a few people in PR who have had a 61.5 dish for almost 10 years.

Until there is something official announced (if there ever is) then you are going to be in the same boat and be upset. If you must cancel or drop down to the welcome pack then do it if its the best move for you. I don't what to say or do to comfort you on this or what I can do to make DISH put them back. DISH knows what people are pointed at so at this point I can only GUESS this is a calculated move on their part.

I really wish I had something better to tell you as I really do feel for you but again I am not going to make stuff up to try making you happy.

We don't blame you for the news. Now is where cancellations begin. Screw Ergen. I always though he was a racist, and that proves it. BOYCOTT DISH PUERTO RICO.

That is ridiculously out of line!

To me someone who did not return the sales tax to our government for about two million dollars to later say, OOPS, we forgot. You try that with the IRS and I will tell you of what future you will have. That is stealing. He is thieve in my dictionary, pick up a copy of a dictionary.

Second, to me someone who takes people's money and takes 20 % of what they should have in their sub..that's stealing.

Bottom line is I will not retract on my statement. You have to be kidding. ERGEN THE THIEVE.

To me someone who did not return the sales tax to our government for about two million dollars to later say, OOPS, we forgot. You try that with the IRS and I will tell you of what future you will have. That is stealing. He is thieve in my dictionary, pick up a copy of a dictionary.

Second, to me someone who takes people's money and takes 20 % of what they should have in their sub..that's stealing.

Bottom line is I will not retract on my statement. You have to be kidding. ERGEN THE THIEVE.

What's being a "thief" have to do w/ being a racist. They are different things entirely.

Sir, before you start accusing people of wrong and unproven crimes that he might or might not have committed, please do learn to spell first.

I'll cut him a break on spelling. His English is WAY better than my (almost non-existent now) Spanish.

dbs2000 - I'd like to read up more on this sales tax story. Do you have a link?

I'll cut him a break on spelling. His English is WAY better than my (almost non-existent now) Spanish.

dbs2000 - I'd like to read up more on this sales tax story. Do you have a link?

Although is a fact and saw it on a local newspaper, someone from PR can maybe elaborate. It is widely known.

Who you going to?

I don't understand what you mean "by who you going to". If you mean what service am I going to go to, I think 194.00/month can get me the HD I want. Plus remember, it's not the channel number count but the quality of sound/picture and the essential channels I like the Science Channel which is BLOCKED and many others.

To me it's a matter of principle. Being a week away for my 14 year relationship to end with DISH after having being a very very generous spending customer on all those 14 years it's something that could have been prevented if DISH had planned better. There is a saying that is hard to get translated into English but in Spanish it is said "no hay mal que por bien no venga"

There is a saying that is hard to get translated into English but in Spanish it is said "no hay mal que por bien no venga"

It is very easy to translate into English, it began in English and is quite an old saying: It's an ill wind that blows no good. - John Heywood (c.1497-1580)

I don't understand what you mean "by who you going to". If you mean what service am I going to go to, I think 194.00/month can get me the HD I want. Plus remember, it's not the channel number count but the quality of sound/picture and the essential channels I like the Science Channel which is BLOCKED and many others.

To me it's a matter of principle. Being a week away for my 14 year relationship to end with DISH after having being a very very generous spending customer on all those 14 years it's something that could have been prevented if DISH had planned better. There is a saying that is hard to get translated into English but in Spanish it is said "no hay mal que por bien no venga"

Simply if you feel that you are getting the shaft who else can you go to, to get the programming that you want? There are several translations for no hay mal que por bien no venga is: There is no misfortune that doesn't bring some good with it; Every misfortune has a bright side; Every cloud has a silver lining.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean "by who you going to". If you mean what service am I going to go to, I think 194.00/month can get me the HD I want.

If that's true then why are you spending time on something Dish is not apparently going to change. I at first had sympathy for this, but no more since some of your comments. I can only imagine how you have treated CSR's on the phone or what you wrote to Dish. Frankly, I am not happy a moderator has not sent you packing for awhile for some of your remarks. What makes sense to you doesn't mean what Dish is doing does not make sense to them, and calling the CEO names is going to change that how?

If that's true then why are you spending time on something Dish is not apparently going to change. I at first had sympathy for this, but no more since some of your comments. I can only imagine how you have treated CSR's on the phone or what you wrote to Dish. Frankly, I am not happy a moderator has not sent you packing for awhile for some of your remarks. What makes sense to you doesn't mean what Dish is doing does not make sense to them, and calling the CEO names is going to change that how?

easy to say when your not the one getting shafted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts