DISH HD Migration off of 61.5

Hi People

This is completly frustrating. Dish has no consideration what so ever for subcribers in PR. For what in the he.... do they want to put international channels on 61.5 now that at last we in PR have exelent covereage of this location. Their is no intrest what so ever for the great mayority of subcribers in PR for internation channels. They have to start considering paying subscribers or they will start loosing costumers fast. Every single person I have talk to and belive me there's been a few are waiting for the rest of the HD lineup to become available to PR. And we thought it was going to be achived through this new sat. Now this is diapointing news, ones more for us in PR. We dont get covereage from 72.7 or 129 and there are not enough spotbeams to handle all the HD lineup available to CONUS. We are paying the same amount of money for less service this is outrageous. I will agree with TOM I am going to drop all premium channels in protest for this.

Sory for the rant but I am realy mad at this after all the wait they screw us again.

Who says that PR is not going to get those channels?

A lot of folks are getting upset with no basis. Again this move is for the folks in the lower 48 states.

A lot of folks are getting upset with no basis. Again this move is for the folks in the lower 48 states.

Hi Scott
I am not as upset as I am worried. I still maintain hope that Dish will deliver those channels. But I would love to know when, specially since we are paying the same as everyone else...

Maybe it's me, but do I sense that you know something you can't talk about? ;)

If I go pure EA setup, (61.5, 72,77) I loose international RIA on 118 or 119 and SD Locals.

If I stay (110,119,118), (61.5) Current setup, I get no new HD (ex. G4, E, Halmark)

Located North Eastern Pa.

They can't do a pure EA setup in Bangor, ME DMA, as or locals come off of 110 Sat. I guess Dish didn't think of this yet.

But you could have an EA with a wing to 110. Otherwise you loose the HD's they will move to 72.7.

I'm still waiting for Dish to send me a letter telling me they will move me to EA for free. SInce they acknowledge that those of us in the North East will be hardest hit by this change, can't see 129, you would think that they would be concentrating their efforts here....lest see what will happen. It just gets me riled up again as I was pretty much over the addition of the "new HD's" that I pay for but can't see because I don't have an EA set up. And yes I have DHPP and could pay the $15.00 plus the cost of an upgrade on the 322 but it is the principle not the money...

Ross

I currently have 110/119/61.5.

I can not get 129 or 77 beacuse of LOS. Dish will not give me EA because I can not see 77.

This means that when the transition is complete I will not have any HD. I currently do not get the latest HD channels that were added - this does not bother me. However, if I lose all HD I will not be a happy camper.

I am very satisfied with E*, however, if I lose all of my HD channels I will have to consider D* or cable.

I don't see why you need 77? the only thing you really need to do is hit 72.7 not 77. unless your locals are there on 77? you can just go with 61.5 and 72.7 with the two dishes you already have.

I'm sorry to see this development. Perhaps a non-issue for me as, at least for the moment, I have resonable LOS to 129. I might be able to go completely EA but my HD locals are only on 129 AFAIK so I would have to have at least a 129 wing. Right now 61.5 is serving as a back-up (minus the locals) for me if/when I lose LOS to 129...

My HD locals are on 61.5. Yet, they say to move me to 129. No way that I am giving up my HD locals. I have not received a letter yet and their is no way I am paying a penny to move my dish. I may just swing my 110/119 dish over to 72 sat.

My HD locals are on 61.5. Yet, they say to move me to 129. No way that I am giving up my HD locals. I have not received a letter yet and their is no way I am paying a penny to move my dish.
They will add your locals to 61.5 before you need to move...

How do you get to your settings (722k) to see which sats your reading? I have a set up that seems just not right. Thought something was weird when Sanford and Son pulled up to install my Dish system. Now after reading this thread, I'm wondering what kind of set up they put me on.

Well Scott, if 110, 119 and now 61.5 are the only sats that have footprint in PR, and if they move the premium channels to 72.7, then I don't see from which sat are we going to get the premium movie channels from? There's room for a couple of Hd channels in the spotbeam if they make certains moves, but Dish didn't add a single movie channel last time. From the last 13 HD channels added I only watch one. I know that people doesn't have the same taste in movie channels like I do. But if I pay for all the movie channels and HD why do I have to watch only four in HD?

OK. My installers connected a big dish saying(TURBO HD) 110, 119, 129 and after connection I realized I wasn't getting my locals in HD so they came back the next day and added a smaller dish (wing I guess you call it) so I could get locals in HD. I assume the smaller dish is 61.5? So with this setup, what will happen to my service?

Sorry for the beginner talk, just starting to learn how DISH works.

your are on the western arc with 110 119 and 129. the only thing you would need to do is get rid of 61.5 if you locals were ever mirrored on 129. other than that you are all good. if your 129 ever goes out your 61.5 will back it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)